Neuigkeiten:

Wiki * German blog * Problems? Please contact info at psiram dot com

Main Menu

Amerika du hast es besser

Postings reflect the private opinion of posters and are not official positions of Psiram - Foreneinträge sind private Meinungen der Forenmitglieder und entsprechen nicht unbedingt der Auffassung von Psiram

Begonnen von Peiresc, 13. November 2016, 20:28:34

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Peiresc

Diese beiden Meldungen stehen direkt untereinander in meinem Twitter-Feed:

ZitatTrump slathers praise on Erdogan: "I just want to thank and congratulate President Erdogan. He's a friend of mine and I'm glad we didn't have a problem because frankly he is a hell of a leader and a tough man, a strong man."
ZitatVP Pence: "Today, I'm proud to report thanks to the strong leadership of President Donald Trump and the strong relationship between President Erdogan and Turkey and the United States of America, that today the United States and Turkey have agreed to a ceasefire in Syria."
Und der Präsident ist da ganz unparteiisch: soeben hat Erdogan amerikanische Truppen zu einem so überstürzten Rückzug gezwungen, dass sie ihr eigenes Hauptquartier zerbomben mussten.

Zitat von: SNL, geringfügig adaptiert'Let's say Erdogan open hand slaps you in the face. What would you say then?' Todd asked.
'Harder, daddy,' Trump said.

Peiresc

Unsere tägliche Dosis Korruption/Betrug gib uns heute (ups, ist ja heute schon die zweite).
Über Lev Parnas, einen gerade verhafteten Spießgesellen Giulianis.
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/17/lev-parnas-giuliani-ukraine-past-049677
Die sind einfach eine Bande von Berufsverbrechern. So schlicht kann man das zusammenfassen.
---

Zitat
ZitatReferring to Kurds living along Turkish border in Syria, Trump says of Turkey, "they had to have it cleaned out."
He's talking about ethnic cleansing using the language of ethnic cleansing.

ZitatNBC News:
WATCH: Sen. Romney: "What we have done to the Kurds will stand as a blood stain in the annals of American history."
Wenn Romney jetzt nicht noch den Graham gibt, dann ... wird es wohl wenigstens eine republikanische Ja-Stimme zum Impeachment geben.

Peiresc

ZitatThe Daily Show (@TheDailyShow)
Trump vs. Trump: Kurds Edition

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1184900289628913664
Großes Kino, ganz großes Kino. Sind nur 48''.

Peiresc

ZitatSecretary Mattis lets loose  "I earned my spurs on the battlefield; Donald Trump earned his spurs from the doctor".

Das wäre cool, wenn es um nichts ginge. Aber die Zeit für Witze ist vorbei, sogar für gute.
ZitatJokes are nice, but better if he exposed some of the crazy ideas Trump attempted when Mattis was in Cabinet, i.e. stuff that would help remove a dangerous incompetent as commander in chief. We can laugh later.
---
He knew that before he accepted the job.
---
im so sick of these guys doing these stupid owns when they did nothing useful during or after they held office
---
Jim Mattis would do well to think about this, today of all days. "When we're dancing with the angels, the question we'll be asked: In 2019, what did we do to make sure we kept our democracy intact? Did we stand on the sidelines and say nothing?" - Elijah Cummings
---
Big talk for a man who kept his mouth shut while Trump let our soldiers get shelled and our allies wiped out. Where's his bravery now?
(letzterer Post übrigens retweeted von Michael Hayden)

Peiresc

Eine neue Qualität. Neue Skandale sind nicht mehr in der Lage, die alten aus der öffentlichen Aufmerksamkeit zu verdrängen, weil die alten ständig neue Facetten hervorbringen. Nur mal ein winziges Detail.
ZitatRichard Engel [@NBCNews  Chief Foreign Correspondent]
US officials tell me Trump wants to wash his hands of responsibility for the Kurds. The US mil/gov gave Kurds REPEATED assurances of protection. US even asked Kurds to REMOVE defenses BEFORE the Turkish offensive. Kurds complied and now being displaced. WH says not our problem.

Peiresc

Die Sonne fällt vom Himmel, wenn Trump zurücktritt. Aber wohin fällt sie?
ZitatStocks would rally if Trump quits, Wall Street firm predicts
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/19/investing/trump-resign-stock-market/

Peiresc

Zitat"You people with this phony Emoluments Clause," Trump tells assembled media questioning him about attempt to put G-7 at his own resort.

ZitatThe emoluments clause, also called the foreign emoluments clause, is a provision of the U.S. Constitution (Article I, Section 9, Paragraph 8 ) that generally prohibits federal officeholders from receiving any gift, payment, or other thing of value from a foreign state or its rulers, officers, or representatives.
ZitatKevin M. Kruse:
From "fake polls" to "fake news" to "fake Constitution"

Peiresc

ZitatSen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), one of President Trump's most vocal supporters on a variety of issues, said in a recent interview that he is open-minded about supporting impeachment.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/466669-graham-says-hes-open-minded-on-supporting-impeachment-sure-i-mean-show-me

Natürlich, viele Wenns und Abers. Dennoch:  :ohnmacht:

Peiresc

(editiert)
ZitatBen Carson prayer opening Cabinet meeting

"We thank You for President Trump who also exhibits great courage in face of constant criticism. We ask You give him strength to endure & wisdom to lead and to recognize You as the sovereign of the universe, with solution to everything"

https://twitter.com/HowardMortman/status/1186355491892543488
(mit Videoclip)

Und erlöse uns von dem Übel, Amen.

Peiresc

Zitat von: Peiresc am 21. Oktober 2019, 20:41:10
Natürlich, viele Wenns und Abers. Dennoch:  :ohnmacht:

Trump hatte gesagt, sein Impeachment wäre der Versuch, ihn zu lynchen.
Zitat
ZitatGraham backs Trump in wake of lynching comments: "This is a lynching in every sense"
Tom Nichols:
Senator from South Carolina backs a lynching metaphor. Alllllrighty then.
Nun ist die Welt ja wieder in Ordnung.

Peiresc

Weitere Anhörung im Impeachment-Verfahren. Das wird jetzt noch eine Weile so weitergehen.
ZitatThis is Bill Taylor's testimony.

"Ambassador Sondland tried to explain to me that President Trump is a businessman. When a businessman is about to sign a check to someone who owes him something, he said, the businessman asks that person to pay up before signing the check."
Die Republikaner sehen überhaupt kein Problem darin. Ich wünschte, ich würde übertreiben, aber ich übertreibe nicht.

ZitatGOPChairwoman: Adam Schiff's phony narrative has been "OBLITERATED" by testimony given to the House.

"There is nothing from anything that I've heard that you could possibly impeach realDonaldTrump for."
Okay, dass könnte sehr gut auch Fake News sein, denn das ist aus einem präsidialen Tweet. Fragen wir noch wen anders:
ZitatSen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) is planning to introduce a resolution condemning the House Democrats' impeachment inquiry process, and argued that any articles should be dismissed in the Senate without a trial.
und:
ZitatRep. Kevin McCarthy: "The Democrats have written this script. They hate this president and they are abusing their power to undo an election. Think about what impeachment means. The removal of a duly elected person."
Ja, definitiv. Logisch vollkommen korrekt. Natürlich ist die Amtsenthebung dazu da, einen regulär gewählten Präsidenten des Amtes zu entheben. Man nennt so etwas auch Tautologie.

Peiresc

Matt Gaetz, der Trumpanse, hat ein Fähnlein mutiger Freischärler ins Herz des Kongresses geführt um den unverschämten Partisanen und Trump-Hasser Adam Schiff einzuschüchtern und von seinem Kurs gegen Unseren Geliebten Präsidenten abzubringen.
ZitatRepublican Rep. Gaetz tweets that he led 30 colleagues into a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) where an impeachment inquiry hearing was taking place; he says he was "still inside" when the tweet was issued.

Der Dank des Vaterlandes ist ihm gewiss.

Unter einer Voraussetzung: wenn man das Vaterland mit den Magioten gleichsetzt, und nur dann. McConnell hat gerade die Parole ausgegeben, nicht Trump direkt zu verteidigen, sondern den ,,process" anzugreifen, d. h. die Legitimität des Impeachments abzustreiten.

Das sind Szenen, die man in einer funktionierenden Demokratie nicht erwartet. Geheime  Anhörungen sind in diesem Stadium der Impeachment-Ermittlungen vollkommen legal. Wenn Gaetz aus diesen gegen Überwachung geschützten Räumen heraus getweetet hat, dann hat er krass gegen Gesetze verstoßen:
ZitatAngry Staffer:

It is illegal, and they all *should* be arrested.

This is actually way, way worse than some people realize. Bringing a phone into a SCIF is a major no-no - and a national security risk - that's why there are locking cabinets outside for all electronics. When there's a breach like this, the SCIF has to be re-hardened to ensure that NatSec isn't compromised.
Inside *that* SCIF, it's particularly egregious: HPSCI is privy to many of our most sensitive secrets — secrets  that most administration officials don't even know.

Peiresc

Die Fronten sind klar:
Zitat
NBC News:

Judge: If President Trump shot someone on Fifth Avenue, local authorities couldn't investigate, or do anything about it?
Trump lawyer: No.
Judge: Nothing could be done while in office? That is your position?
Trump lawyer: That is correct.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-s-lawyers-argue-he-can-t-be-charged-while-n1070711

Peiresc

Zitat
ZitatRep Andy Biggs:
This morning, I joined dozens of my colleagues to storm Adam Schiff's secret, Soviet-style, Stalinist chamber to demand truth, transparency, and due process. We may have received threats for attempting to hear from today's witness, but we are more resolved than ever to fight.

Joanne Freeman:
THERE WERE ALREADY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE MEMBERS IN THE ROOM.

This isn't a secret Stalinist chamber.
It's a BIPARTISAN committee.

You're talking absolute nonsense.
Blatant lies.
Shame on you.

No comment. Doch, halt, den hier:
ZitatWhose nightmare is darker, the nightmare of Americans who oppose Trump because they believe he is a danger to the republic, or the nightmare of Republicans who publicly support him but are privately ashamed and alarmed that he endangers the republic and fear their obedience to him could destroy their political careers and permanently stain their private conscience and public legacy?