Neuigkeiten:

Wiki * German blog * Problems? Please contact info at psiram dot com

Main Menu

Amerika du hast es besser

Postings reflect the private opinion of posters and are not official positions of Psiram - Foreneinträge sind private Meinungen der Forenmitglieder und entsprechen nicht unbedingt der Auffassung von Psiram

Begonnen von Peiresc, 13. November 2016, 20:28:34

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Peiresc

ZitatDonald J. Trump
Verifizierter Account
@realDonaldTrump

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

Aus den Kommentaren:
ZitatSahil Kapur:
Trump has repeatedly depicted war with Iran an something a president would do for domestic political gain.
Here are four examples
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1021239129886142465
----
Julia Ioffe:
Prediction: in a year, Trump has a summit with Rouhani in some neutral city—Dubai?—on which 1,500 journalists will descend, at which point, Trump and his supporters will claim that he averted war with Iran.
----
Matthew Yglesias:
1. Do incendiary tweets that make people worry about imminent war.
2. Do summit that accomplishes nothing but claim you averted war.
3. Demand to know why liberals don't give you credit.
4. Find a new country to tweet about.

Tezcatlipoca

Zitat von: Peiresc am 23. Juli 2018, 12:17:37
ZitatDonald J. Trump
Verifizierter Account
@realDonaldTrump

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

Kokst der amerikanische Präsidentenimitator eigentlich tagtäglich oder nur, wenn er sich mal wieder minderjährige Mädchen vornimmt? ::)
Hat ihm wohl keiner gesagt, dass Koksen die Birne aushöhlt. Oder, er hat mal wieder nicht zugehört. :angel:
Gruß, T.

Nichts, was ein Mensch sich auszudenken in der Lage ist, kann so unwahrscheinlich, unlogisch oder hirnrissig sein, als dass es nicht doch ein anderer Mensch für bare Münze halten und diese vermeintliche Wahrheit notfalls mit allen ihm zur Verfügung stehenden Mitteln verteidigen wird.

Peiresc

Ein Riss in der Matrix.
Zitat. @FoxFriendsFirst thought they booked pro-ICE Dem Ann Kirkpatrick on show, but accidentally booked Barbara L'Italien (@teambarbara) instead.

https://thinkprogress.org/barbara-litalien-ann-kirkpatrick-fox-and-friends-family-separation-88ad05276693/
Zitat"Good morning. I'm actually here to speak directly to Donald Trump," L'Italien began. "I feel that what's happening at the border is wrong. I'm a mother of four, and I believe that separating kids from their parents is illegal and inhumane."

"I'm actually Barbara L'Italien, I'm a state senator representing a large immigrant community. I'm running for Congress in Massachusetts," she continued. "I keep thinking about what we're putting parents through, imagining how terrifying that must be for those families, imagining how it would feel not knowing if I'd ever see my kids again. We have to stop abducting children and ripping them from their parents' arms, stop putting kids in cages, and stop making 3-year-old defend themselves in court."
[...]
"Again my name is Barbara L'Italien and I refuse to believe that our only options are open borders or traumatizing childr–" L'Italien said, as the show finally cut her video feed.
:rofl2

Peiresc

ZitatBut because there's no U.S. version to check it against, the Russians could be lying about it and we wouldn't even know."
Die sich aufzwingende Frage nach einer schlüssigen Erklärung dafür wird wieder sorgfältigst vermieden. Er ist ein Spion.

ZitatThe Russians have gone into overdrive since Helsinki, with TASS and other state-run news organizations pumping out one story after another about how Russia is moving forward on issues for which Trump offered concessions.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/23/trump-putin-secrets-intelligence-736242
Aber die Russen haben ein Problem: da Trump vor seinen eigenen Leuten geheimhält, was er zugestanden hat, können letztere seinen politischen Willen gar nicht umsetzen. Ein so beispielloser Erfolg von Putins Geheimdienstarbeit, und dann eine so magere Ausbeute.

Ich schmökere gerade in einem Werk, das Ende des 17. Jahrhunderts verfasst wurde. Es liest sich wie ein Zeilenkommentar:
ZitatThus God hinders the progress of Wickedness, by not permitting it to be carried to an Extremity, and he generally disposes of Things in such a manner that those, who have an unbounded Boldness, have narrow Understandings; and those, who have a Genius to contrive a design, have no Courage to put it in Execution. Thus oppressed Innocence has time to breathe, and is oftentimes even delivered.

Bayle, DHC, EDWARD IV, Rem. [A]

Unsere Altvorderen mögen vieles nicht gewusst haben. Aber scharfsinnig sind sie gewesen.  :grins2:

Peiresc

ZitatFernand R. Amandi:
Hearing that tomorrow Tuesday will be a very, very bad day for @realDonaldTrump  #StayTuned
Solche Ankündigungen gibt es ja öfter mal, nicht selten sind sie einfach heiße Luft.

Civilly Disobient hat die folgenden Anmerkungen:
ZitatPretty sure they could have proof of necrophilia, pedophilia, etc., and they would cheer and he'd get away with it. Collusion is starting to look quaint.

And maybe that's the strategy. Normalize horrible behavior to the point that when Mueller releases the findings, everyone just shrugs. Even if it's treason. There is a lot of apathy out there. Shockingly so. Many people simply don't give a shit. That's why we have to vote.

Peiresc

Zitat von: Peiresc am 13. Juli 2018, 21:09:17
Kennt jemand den Film "Die fabelhafte Welt der Amélie"?

ZitatThe 20-foot inflatable "Trump Baby Blimp" that flew during protests against President Trump in the United Kingdom may soon fly in Australia.

The Guardian reports that activists in Australia are in talks to use the giant balloon for protests against Trump during his expected visit with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull later this year.

Peiresc

Ein Mann, der seine Versprechen einhält. Zumindest manche.
ZitatShe voted for Trump but now: "I'm ashamed." A Missouri woman feels the anguish after her daughter-in-law gets deported, leaving behind a husband, child and life in America.

Deportations take unique toll on blended American families
https://apnews.com/49b5d7d3d6f945a28875cb23aff1e9b5

celsus

The best thing about science is that it works - even if you don't believe in it.

celsus

Zitat"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears."

Nineteen Eighty-Four (Book 1, Chapter 7)

Zitat"What you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening"

Leader Of The Free World, 2018

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/1021811038390509569

The best thing about science is that it works - even if you don't believe in it.

Peiresc

ZitatWATCH: Ironclad video proof that the White House altered the Helsinki press conference video & transcript.

This is purposeful disinformation from an American president that is indistinguishable from how autocratic regimes wield information as a weapon against their own populace.
https://twitter.com/TheLoyalO/status/1021964743098150919
Stalin war ein Stümper.

Der Staatsrundfunk meldet:
ZitatFox News
Vor 48 Minuten

.@kayleighmcenany: "President Trump is winning on every single front and Americans feel it."

Ich persönlich finde das schlimmer als alle Cohen-Tapes. Die sind nur gewöhnliche Kriminalität auf Nixon-Niveau.

Peiresc

ZitatIn statement after statement, migrants recounted similar details about the "ice boxes" and "dog pounds."

Ana V, a 26-year-old woman from El Salvador, said she was escaping threats from people who promised to kill her for being gay when she came to the United States with her six-year-old daughter. She said those same people had already beaten her transgender friend to death.

She was apprehended soon after crossing the Mexican border with the United States on or around May 4 this year. Soon, she and her daughter were taken to a "dog pound."

"The guards called me and my daughter lazy and kicked me with their boots in order to keep me awake so that my daughter and I could not sleep. If the children did fall asleep the guards would wake them up," she told lawyers.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/in-court-filing-migrants-describe-frigid-hungry-days-in-ice-boxes-dog-pounds/
Zahlreiche weitere Details.

Tezcatlipoca

Zitat von: Peiresc am 25. Juli 2018, 10:06:15
ZitatIn statement after statement, migrants recounted similar details about the "ice boxes" and "dog pounds."

Ana V, a 26-year-old woman from El Salvador, said she was escaping threats from people who promised to kill her for being gay when she came to the United States with her six-year-old daughter. She said those same people had already beaten her transgender friend to death.

She was apprehended soon after crossing the Mexican border with the United States on or around May 4 this year. Soon, she and her daughter were taken to a "dog pound."

"The guards called me and my daughter lazy and kicked me with their boots in order to keep me awake so that my daughter and I could not sleep. If the children did fall asleep the guards would wake them up," she told lawyers.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/in-court-filing-migrants-describe-frigid-hungry-days-in-ice-boxes-dog-pounds/
Zahlreiche weitere Details.
Methoden wie in beliebigen Unterdrückerstaaten.
Man könnte sagen, Trump hat hier einen neuen Unterdrückerstaat fabriziert.
Allerdings: die Bande, die seine Aufträge erfüllt, sitzt dort schon immer in ihren stinkenden Löchern.
DIE brauchte er nicht zu erfinden. Sie rekrutiert sich aus der Brut, für die Ku-Klux-Klan und weitere Rassisten den Boden bereitet haben.
WO ist das Kotz-Smilie?
Gruß, T.

Nichts, was ein Mensch sich auszudenken in der Lage ist, kann so unwahrscheinlich, unlogisch oder hirnrissig sein, als dass es nicht doch ein anderer Mensch für bare Münze halten und diese vermeintliche Wahrheit notfalls mit allen ihm zur Verfügung stehenden Mitteln verteidigen wird.

Peiresc

Das Cohen-Tape, in dem Trump sagt, er wolle mit Cash bezahlen.

ZitatMichael Flynn Jr

WHOOOOOOOO
CAAAAAAARES.....

Och, es gibt genügend Leute, denen dazu was einfällt.
Zitat
Obviously you, otherwise why even tweet?
----
Everyone but Melania's jacket, sparky.
----
People who don't like campaign finance laws being broken. People who are sick to death of one lie after another as proven on this tape.
----
Renato Mariotti:
Federal prosecutors in New York.

Peiresc

update:
Zitat von: Peiresc am 25. Juli 2018, 08:16:21
ZitatWATCH: Ironclad video proof that the White House altered the Helsinki press conference video & transcript.

This is purposeful disinformation from an American president that is indistinguishable from how autocratic regimes wield information as a weapon against their own populace.
https://twitter.com/TheLoyalO/status/1021964743098150919
Die Sache ist noch nicht ganz geklärt. In der Wash. Post ist eine Gegendarstellung erschienen, aber ich habe Augenzeugen gelesen, die Rachel Maddow Recht geben.

Peiresc

Das WH hat Kaitlan Collins ausgesperrt, die in ihrer Funktion als pool reporter nichts getan hat als ihre Pflicht: lästige Fragen zu stellen.
https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/kaitlan-collins-weisses-haus-schliesst-cnn-reporterin-von-pressekonferenz-aus/22845398.html
ZitatHere is what Collins did ask Trump:
"Did Michael Cohen betray you, Mr. President?"
"Mr. President, are you worried about what Michael Cohen is about to say to the prosecutors?"
"Are you worried about what is on the other tapes, Mr. President?"
"Why is Vladimir Putin not accepting your invitation?"
Das ist wie mit der Inquisition: man muss nicht alle Ketzer verbrennen. Es genügt einer, dann werden die übrigen stille sein. Zwar gibt es ein 1st Amendment, aber vielleicht kann zukünftig die Deregulierung helfen. 

Der eifrige Übermittler, vielleicht der Initiator, dieser Maßnahme war Bill Shine. Seine kürzliche Ernennung zum Communications Director war zwar von den sonstigen Skandalen überschwemmt worden (vgl. #2899), ist aber eine Klasse für sich. Unvorstellbar für jede demokratische Regierung.
ZitatBill Shine oversaw what was, according to many accounts, a harassment reign of terror at Fox News, where Roger Ailes blackmailed, intimidated & harassed woman after woman. Shine's role in maintaining that system of degradation and discrimination ended up costing him his job.

It also rendered him unemployable just about anywhere *except the White House.* He now works for a President accused of harassment and sexual assault by multiple women, in an office that until relatively recently *also* featured a man who was accused of abusing both his ex wives.
Das sind keine Jugendsünden, die mit biblischer Härte verfolgt wurden. Seine Entlassung bei Fox war nicht in grauer Vorzeit, sondern vor ca 1 Jahr.

ZitatDonald J. Trump
Verifizierter Account
@realDonaldTrump

Thank you very much, working hard!

Das ist wie mit der  steigenden Krebssterblichkeit – an irgendwas müssen die Leute ja sterben, wenn die anderen Krankheiten erfolgreich bekämpft werden können. Wenn alle Never-Trumper die Republikaner verlassen haben, wird seine Zustimmungsrate bei 100% liegen.