Neuigkeiten:

Wiki * German blog * Problems? Please contact info at psiram dot com

Main Menu

Amerika du hast es besser

Postings reflect the private opinion of posters and are not official positions of Psiram - Foreneinträge sind private Meinungen der Forenmitglieder und entsprechen nicht unbedingt der Auffassung von Psiram

Begonnen von Peiresc, 13. November 2016, 20:28:34

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Peiresc

Zitathttps://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article227186429.html
Sometime during the party at Trump's West Palm Beach country club, the president turned in his chair to look over his right shoulder, smiling for a photo with two women at a table behind him.

The woman who snapped the blurry Super Bowl selfie with the president was Li Yang, 45, a self-made entrepreneur from China who started a chain of Asian day spas in South Florida. Over the years, these establishments — many of which operate under the name Tokyo Day Spas — have gained a reputation for offering sexual services.

ZitatJeff Tiedrich:
hey there mister president, whatcha doing?
"just hanging out with my friend, the founder of a brothel"
oh. why?
"it's a party thrown by my other friend, who got arrested for frequenting the brothel"
oh. and where's Melania?
"who cares? happy international women's day, everyone!"

Gleichzeitig:
Der Präsident ist mal wieder in Sachen Katastrophenhilfe unterwegs. Neulich, das Papierhandtücher-in-die-Menge-Werfen, ist ja nicht so gut angekommen. Da hat sich der Einfallsreichtum auf was Neues gestürzt: Er signiert die Bibel, für diesen guten Zweck.

ZitatTrey Collier:
I can see the Chyron now saying "THE CHOSEN ONE"

ZitatJeff Tiedrich:
if Obama had ever signed a Bible, Fox News would have shit a collective brick. Hannity would have bled from the eyeballs. House Republicans would have burned DC to the ground. the wingnut outrage-industrial complex would have ripped a fucking hole in the space/time continuum

---

Die White-House-Briefings haben aufgehört. Susan Glasser macht sich ein paar grundsätzliche Gedanken dazu, wie immer lesenswert.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-trumps-washington/the-enemies-of-the-people-have-a-few-questions-for-the-president
Sie hat auch ein paar Fragen eingesammelt, die die Journalisten gerne gestellt hätten, z. B.
Zitat"What is the WH doing about the Khashoggi case in terms of learning more or pressing the Saudis for accountability?"

"When the president deflects DHS statistics on border enforcement, as he did in the Rose Garden, what statistics does he believe? Where do they come from and how can you vouch for their accuracy?"
[...]
The President railed against budget and trade deficits, but after two years in office both are setting records. Are his economic policies failing in this regard? Does he still see deficits as a priority? If so, what policies—particularly on the budget deficit—is he pursuing to bring it down? Or are deficits no longer a priority for Republicans?

Under what legal authority is the President keeping American troops in Syria indefinitely?

Why hasn't the President selected a permanent chief of staff or Defense Secretary, and why doesn't the uncertainty and turnover in those posts make the nation less safe?

Did the President play any role in the granting of Jared Kushner's security clearance? If so, why did he appear to lie about it in his interview with the New York Times?

Why do the U.S. and North Korea disagree on what North Korea was requesting in Vietnam in terms of drawing back sanctions?

Dabei idealisiert sie die Briefings seligen Angedenkens keineswegs. Sie schließt mit:

ZitatI asked Sanders in an e-mail for her comment on whether this is now the death of the White House press briefing, and whether she wanted to respond to any of the questions the correspondents had sent to me. She did not respond.

Peiresc

ZitatKyle Griffin:
NBC: Customs and Border Protection compiled a list of 59 mostly American reporters, attorneys and activists for border agents to stop for questioning when crossing the border at San Diego-area checkpoints. Agents questioned or arrested at least 21 of them.
Was ist der Unterschied zu Erdogan? Das ist doch glasklar: Erdogan bezeichnet die Journalisten als Terroristen, Trump als enemy of the people

ZitatKatherine Wheeler:
This reminds me of my Father warning us of never attempting to cross into East Germany.  He was positive our last name was on a Russian list to detain/arrest. The detention would be based on his protests against the Russians prior to him fleeing East Germany.

Peiresc

Die Angelegenheit mit der Bordellbesitzerin Miss Yang (vgl. #4200) entwickelt sich, man kann schon sagen, wie erwartet:
ZitatOn a page displaying a photo of Mar-a-Lago, Yang's company says its "activities for clients" have included providing them "the opportunity to interact with the president, the [American] Minister of Commerce and other political figures." The company boasts it has "arranged taking photos with the President" and suggests it can set up a "White House and Capitol Hill Dinner."
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/03/a-florida-massage-parlor-owner-has-been-selling-chinese-execs-access-to-trump-at-mar-a-lago/
Sie ist natürlich nicht nur zum Feiern nach Mar-a-Lago gekommen, sondern fürs Geschäft. Kann man bestimmt von der Steuer absetzen.
Es gibt noch ein paar weitere Indizien für diese Schacher um's Ohr des Präsidenten.
https://twitter.com/DanielSchulman/status/1104345917182918657

ZitatTrump Mar-a-Lago Buddy Wrote Policy Pitch. The President Sent It to VA Chief.
A handwritten note to Trump, addressed "Dear King," presents another instance of access and influence for Mar-a-Lago associates.

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-mar-a-lago-buddy-wrote-policy-pitch-the-president-sent-it-to-va-chief
Kein Wunder, dass es keinen regulären Chief of Staff mehr geben wird: der kann doch nichts weiter als stören.

Ein direkter Vergleich wäre sicher eine Beleidigung für viele Bananenrepubliken.

Peiresc

Hier ein Gimmick für celsus:
Zitat
Zitat
Mother Jones:
A Florida massage parlor owner has been selling Chinese execs access to Trump at Mar-a-Lago

Trump Alert:
realDonaldTrump liked this tweet
:rofl

Den Mother-Jones-Artikel hatten wir eben.
Zwei Erklärungen drängen sich auf. 1) stable genius find' das jetzt überhaupt nicht schlimm, 2) er liest sowieso nur Überschriften.

Peiresc

Ein steter Quell grimmiger Erheiterung:

Zitat von: George Conway#SummaCumLiar

Peiresc

ZitatMark Meadows
Verifizierter Account
@RepMarkMeadows

Before Michael Cohen's testimony last week, he and Adam Schiff met for TEN hours. But last Sunday, Schiff told CBS his only contact with Cohen was to "invite him to testify" and "allay concerns."

Really? That took 10 hours?

We need answers. Did Democrats lead the witness?

Das ist offenbar schlicht gelogen:
ZitatJim Himes
@jahimes
Mark, I was in the room. No one said Adam met with Cohen for 10 hours. That didn't happen. Will you take down your post?
----

Und weil wir grad bei stable genius waren:
ZitatFormer officials of the military academy where Trump went to high school say that wealthy alumni directed them to retrieve, remove and hide Trump's academic records.

The request came in 2011, days after Trump challenged Obama to "show his records."
Niemand soll sagen, er wäre nicht zur Voraussicht fähig, oder wenigstens zur schnellen Korrektur (für Voraussicht im engeren Sinne spräche, dass er das eben vorher erledigt hätte).

celsus

The best thing about science is that it works - even if you don't believe in it.

Peiresc

Zitat von: Peiresc am 10. März 2019, 09:54:52
ZitatThe request came in 2011, days after Trump challenged Obama to "show his records."
Niemand soll sagen, er wäre nicht zur Voraussicht fähig
Bei genauerer Überlegung: es muss ja nicht seine Voraussicht gewesen sein.

Zitat von: celsus am 10. März 2019, 10:53:18
Zitat von: Peiresc am 10. März 2019, 09:27:192) er liest sowieso nur Überschriften.
Ich nehme 2) :D
Wobei: 2) schließt natürlich 1) in keiner Weise aus. Wir wollen doch fair bleiben.  8)

Peiresc

Links kriselts: die Dems beharken sich (eigentlich: wie immer). Soll vorkommen, in Demokratien.

Rechts kriselts auch. Soll vorkommen, in Sekten.
ZitatTrump calls Coulter 'Wacky Nut Job' over wall criticism @CNN

Kommentar Richard Painter:
ZitatHeadline:
Wacky Nut Job calls Wacky Nut Job a Wacky Nut Job

Peiresc

Zitat

https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1104879700944523264
(Mit O-Ton)

Was sagt er dazu? Er werde sich nicht damit aufhalten, Zerknirschung zu mimen für etwas, dass er vor 10 Jahren gesagt habe:

ZitatIronically, Tucker Carlson's most recent show focused on comments Joe Biden made more than 40 years ago.
https://www.vox.com/2019/3/11/18259719/fox-news-tucker-carlson-jeanine-pirro-statements

Und was dann so abgeht, wenn Leute in seiner Show auftauchen (könnten), das hatten wir gerade irgendwo:
Zitatbeschimpft der einflussreiche Moderator Tucker Carlson seinen Interviewpartner, den Historiker Rutger Bregman, als ,,Trottel" mit einem ,,kleinen Gehirn"
https://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article189182395/Fox-News-Moderator-Tucker-Carlson-beschimpft-Interviewgast-wuest.html

Peiresc

ZitatDonald Trump takes off his hat at Mar-a-lago - forgetting he's not wearing his toupee.
https://twitter.com/PaulLeeTicks/status/1105227741484376064

Beim 2. Aufruf:
ZitatDiese Medien könnten sensibles Material enthalten. Mehr erfahren
:rofl2

Aus den Kommentaren:

:grins2:

(aber es ist natürlich nicht klar, ob das nicht ein Fake ist).

Edit: es ist offenbar ein Fake. Aber so einfach kann es sein, dem einen oder anderen eine Freude zu machen.

Peiresc

Die Sonne ist nicht vom Himmel gefallen (das passiert erst, wenn Trump impeached oder nicht wiedergewählt wird), aber eine Boeing.

ZitatDonald J. Trump
Verifizierter Account
@realDonaldTrump

Airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly. Pilots are no longer needed, but rather computer scientists from MIT. I see it all the time in many products. Always seeking to go one unnecessary step further, when often old and simpler is far better. Split second decisions are....
....needed, and the complexity creates danger. All of this for great cost yet very little gain. I don't know about you, but I don't want Albert Einstein to be my pilot. I want great flying professionals that are allowed to easily and quickly take control of a plane!

Stammtischgeschwätz? Ja, schon. Kommentar Michael Grunwald:
ZitatThe dumb airline tweets are fun to mock but this is #actually how Trump won: Ignore data that prove things have gotten better, insist things have gotten worse, appeal to nostalgia for mythic era before modernity when things seemed simpler. (For some people.)

Typee

Zitat von: Peiresc am 12. März 2019, 17:44:40
Die Sonne ist nicht vom Himmel gefallen (das passiert erst, wenn Trump impeached oder nicht wiedergewählt wird), aber eine Boeing.

ZitatDonald J. Trump
Verifizierter Account
@realDonaldTrump

Airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly. Pilots are no longer needed, but rather computer scientists from MIT. I see it all the time in many products. Always seeking to go one unnecessary step further, when often old and simpler is far better. Split second decisions are....
....needed, and the complexity creates danger. All of this for great cost yet very little gain. I don't know about you, but I don't want Albert Einstein to be my pilot. I want great flying professionals that are allowed to easily and quickly take control of a plane!

Stammtischgeschwätz? Ja, schon. Kommentar Michael Grunwald:
ZitatThe dumb airline tweets are fun to mock but this is #actually how Trump won: Ignore data that prove things have gotten better, insist things have gotten worse, appeal to nostalgia for mythic era before modernity when things seemed simpler. (For some people.)

Wer wissen will, wie groß der technologische Sicherheitsgewinn in der Verkehrsluftfahrt ist, der schaue sich einmal die Zahl der schweren Unfallereignisse im Laufe der Zeit - und das bei enorm gestiegenem Verkehrsaufkommen - an, zum Beispiel da:

https://aviation-safety.net/database/

Es erschreckt schon etwas, wie die noch vor ein paar wenigen Jahrzehnten vom Himmel fielen - simpler and far better.
The universe is under NO obligation to make sense to us
(Neil deGrasse Tyson)

Peiresc

Zitat
ZitatNatasha Bertrand:
Manafort makes a last-ditch appeal: "Your honor, I will be 70 years old in a few weeks. My wife is 66. I am her primary caregiver...this case has taken everything from me already. Please let my wife and I be together."
Seth Abramson:
I assume this is the same wife he cheated on repeatedly when he was *not* in prison?
Letzte Worte eines jungen Menschen, der seine Eltern umgebracht hat, an seinen Richter: "Bedenken Sie die Gefühle einer armen Vollwaisen."

Peiresc

Es gibt keinen Rassismus (und keinen Antisemitismus) in den USA