Neuigkeiten:

Wiki * German blog * Problems? Please contact info at psiram dot com

Main Menu

Amerika du hast es besser

Postings reflect the private opinion of posters and are not official positions of Psiram - Foreneinträge sind private Meinungen der Forenmitglieder und entsprechen nicht unbedingt der Auffassung von Psiram

Begonnen von Peiresc, 13. November 2016, 20:28:34

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Peiresc

Seit etwa einer Woche hört man nichts mehr von Kellyanne Conway. Gar nichts. Dabei könnte sie doch gut helfen, den Schweden zu erklären, dass sie alle von den Moslems vergewaltigt werden. Sie beginnt mir zu fehlen.  :-X

Belbo

Zitat von: Peiresc am 20. Februar 2017, 22:15:39
Seit etwa einer Woche hört man nichts mehr von Kellyanne Conway. Gar nichts. Dabei könnte sie doch gut helfen, den Schweden zu erklären, dass sie alle von den Moslems vergewaltigt werden. Sie beginnt mir zu fehlen.  :-X

Vielleicht kann ja Alex Jones übernehmen?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/business/media/alex-jones-conspiracy-theories-donald-trump.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Peiresc

Interessanter Artikel aus der Japan Times. Nicht nur Poesie ist unübersetzbar, sondern auch Politik. Speziell für Japaner (genauer gesagt: Übersetzungen aus Trumpese ins Japanische sind eine Gewissensfrage)
Zitat[...]
Trump's incoherence and apparent disregard for context are not the only source of headache for interpreters.
[...]
"As an interpreter, your job is to translate the words of a speaker exactly as they are, no matter how heinous and what an outrageous liar you find the speaker to be," Torikai, who has a Ph.D. in interpreting studies, said.

"You set aside all your personal emotions and become the speaker yourself. It's a really tough thing, not being allowed to demonstrate your own judgment about what is right and what is wrong. And that's why I quit."
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/02/17/national/japans-interpreters-struggle-to-make-sense-of-trump-speeches/#.WKvfo9I1-t-

Aber nicht nur für Japaner. Es war mir auch in den deutschen Nachrichten aufgefallen: der Kontrast zu der gemessenen, gepflegten Wiedergabe der Trumpschen Verkündigungen und dem, was er wirklich gesagt hat. Auch wo er gerade mal nichts Beleidigendes oder offenkundig Absurdes sagt. Hier ein Schnipsel aus seinem vorletzten Fieberdelir:
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/16/politics/donald-trump-news-conference-transcript/
ZitatQUESTION: Mr. President, you mentioned Russia. Let's talk about some serious issues that have come up in the last week that you have had to deal with as president of the United States.
TRUMP: OK.
QUESTION: You mentioned the vessel -- the spy vessel off the coast of the United States.
TRUMP: Not good.
QUESTION: There was a ballistic missile test that many interpret as a violation of an agreement between the two countries; and a Russian plane buzzed a U.S. destroyer.
TRUMP: Not good.
QUESTION: I listened to you during the campaign ...
TRUMP: Excuse me, excuse me. When did it happen? It happened when, if you were Putin right now, you would say, "Hey, we're back to the old games with the United States; there's no way Trump can ever do a deal with us." Because the -- you have to understand. If I was just brutal on Russia right now, just brutal, people would say, you would say, "Oh, isn't that wonderful." But I know you well enough. Then you would say, "Oh, he was too tough; he shouldn't have done that."
[...]
QUESTION: How are you interpreting those moves? And what do you intend to do about them? Have you given Rex Tillerson any advice or counsel on how to deal?
TRUMP: I have. I have. And I'm so beautifully represented. I'm so honored that the Senate approved him. He's going to be fantastic.
Zur letzten Sequenz: Schade, dass die Frage zwei Teile hatte. Das muss leichter fasslich werden. Der erste Teil der Frage hätte völlig genügt.

Groucho

Zitat von: Peiresc am 21. Februar 2017, 08:02:06
Interessanter Artikel aus der Japan Times. Nicht nur Poesie ist unübersetzbar, sondern auch Politik. Speziell für Japaner (genauer gesagt: Übersetzungen aus Trumpese ins Japanische sind eine Gewissensfrage)

Man könnte das mal Google vorschlagen, Trumpese in den Translator aufzunehmen  8)

Peiresc

In Südkorea und anderswo lebt man länger als in den USA.
Zitat"Notable among poor-performing countries is the USA," the researchers wrote, "whose life expectancy at birth is already lower than most other high-income countries, and is projected to fall further behind such that its 2030 life expectancy at birth might be similar to the Czech Republic for men, and Croatia and Mexico for women."
Und:
ZitatThe Lancet study is, of course, a modeling exercise, and unforeseen events like an epidemic will affect the numbers. So will changes to Obamacare: A repeal could take health insurance away from some 20 million Americans, and contribute to more deaths than gun homicides, HIV, and skin cancer.
http://www.vox.com/2017/2/21/14684686/america-south-korea-life-expectancy

Peiresc

Ich glaube nicht, dass das Satire ist. Ich bin der Ansicht, dass das tödlicher, bitterer Ernst ist:
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-twitter-staffer-235263
Zitat
How Trump's campaign staffers tried to keep him off Twitter
The trick? Making sure his media diet included a healthy dose of praise.

The key to keeping Trump's Twitter habit under control, according to six former campaign officials, is to ensure that his personal media consumption includes a steady stream of praise. And when no such praise was to be found, staff would turn to friendly outlets to drum some up — and make sure it made its way to Trump's desk.
Das wird dann an Beispielen erörtert. In Außenseiter-Medien vom rechten Rand werden vom Staff positive Berichte über ihn lanciert, die ihm dann ausgedruckt werden (er liest nicht online), um ihn abzulenken. Und plötzlich wird klar, warum z. B. Info-Wars so eine große Rolle spielt:
ZitatA former senior campaign official said Nunberg and his successor, former communications director Jason Miller, were particularly skilled at using alternative media like Breitbart, Washington Examiner, Fox News, Infowars and the Daily Caller to show Trump positive coverage.

Zitat
The in-person touch is also important to keeping Trump from running too hot. One Trump associate said it's important to show Trump deference and offer him praise and respect, as that will lead him to more often listen. And If Trump becomes obsessed with a grudge, aides need to try and change the subject, friends say. Leaving him alone for several hours can prove damaging, because he consumes too much television and gripes to people outside the White House.
Meine Hervorhebung. Man muss immer genügend Fleischbrocken parat haben, um den Ork zu füttern. Und das ist der mächtigste Mann der Welt.

Peiresc

RoguePOTUSStaff schlägt vor, zu den Iden des März einen Marsch auf Washington zu starten, der eine unabhängige Untersuchung von Flynngate fordert.

Warum nicht gleich Impeachment fordern?
ZitatFor example "impeach POTUS" not very actionable at moment. But "Investigate _____" is very actionable.

Rückfrage aus dem Publikum:
ZitatYou used to have great information.  What happened??? The tone is different and now it's mostly promoting your own agenda.

Darauf die rätselhafte Antwort:
ZitatCrackdowns happened.
Cambrigde Dictionary:  "crackdown: a situation in which someone starts to deal with bad or illegal behaviour in a more severe way."

Das war vor 1 Stunde, dazu gab es noch keine Erläuterung.

Peiresc

Die Kellyanne: ja die Kellyanne. Gefragt, warum sie sich so rar macht, entdeckt sie, dass sie Familie hat:
Zitat"I don't think I have to explain myself if I'm not going on TV if I'm out with four kids for three days looking at houses and schools,"
aber teilt schon mal wieder aus. Diesmal sollten alle Frauen zusammen (ob weiß ob schwarz) den Reportern? dem Staff? mal die Ohren langziehen:
ZitatShe added: "A lot of my colleagues aren't trying to figure out how to be a mother of four kids, I assure you." [...] "I'm not [sidelined]," she said. "Somebody's trying to start trouble."
Ich sage nur: Mütter!  :crazy

Der RPS-Kommentar dazu:
Zitat von: RoguePOTUSStaffKelleyanne can't figure out how to fill her time. W/o anything to do she turns into the toddler who wants to "help" you cook dinner.

Peiresc

Trump ignoriert das Außenministerium. Folglich ignoriert das Außenministerium die Presse. In diesem Politico-Bericht zahlreiche alarmierende Details, z. B.
ZitatSo far, Tillerson has been very press shy, taking small media and staff contingents on trips. He has yet to hold a news conference or publicly take any questions from reporters. During an appearance alongside Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in Bonn, Germany, reporters were herded out of the room after Lavrov's opening remarks but just as Tillerson began to speak. The Russian was bewildered, according to reports, asking "Why did they shush them out?"
Das müssen sie sich von dem Russen fragen lassen. Die völlige Hilflosigkeit.

ZitatThe State official familiar with Tillerson's media request said that one set of doors leading to the secretary of state's office now have a new sign next to them indicating that not only must people use their badges to get in, but that they can't hold the door open for anyone coming in behind them.
Philipp II von Spanien (1527-1598) regelte das, indem er Besucher (nach wochenlanger Wartezeit) noch durch kilometerlange Flure mit unendlich vielen bewachten Türen passieren ließ. Aber weniger, weil er nichts zu sagen wusste, sondern um mehr Ehrfurcht zu erzeugen.

Peiresc

Sauropode

Die Amis spinnen, auch ohne Trump. Da musste ich in Quito die dort frei verkäuflichen Cocabonbons restlos verbrauchen, weil diese ja pöhse Drogen sind (sindse nicht, Kaffee wirkt stärker...), im Flughafen NY JFK, Transitzone wird aber im normalen Laden zwischen Getränken und Schokoriegeln ein Schlafmittel, bestehend aus Tryptophan, Melatonin und Gamma-Hydroxybuttersäure verkauft... Hallo - KO-Tropfen aufm Flughafen?

Peiresc

Zitat von: Sauropode am 23. Februar 2017, 11:52:11
Tryptophan, Melatonin und Gamma-Hydroxybuttersäure verkauft... Hallo - KO-Tropfen aufm Flughafen?
Was Du nur hast. Tryptophan und Melatonin sind doch harmlos!  ;D

Peiresc

Weitere Glasscherben aus der surrealen Welt.
ZitatMcCONNELL HIT ON COAL JOBS AT EVENT: Getting a taste of protests around the U.S., Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell faced sharp questioning during an Anderson County Chamber of Commerce luncheon Tuesday about how exactly the Republican-led government would ensure the return of Kentucky coal jobs. "If you can answer that, I will sit down and shut up like Elizabeth Warren," a woman said after pointing to low natural gas prices as part of coal's woes. McConnell refused to answer, but another audience member shouted: "Answer the question, Mitch!" And all this in a county where Trump got more than 70 percent of the vote in November.
McConnell ist einer der Trump-Jagdhunde, die sich sogar dagegen wehren, zur Jagd getragen zu werden. Wenn der umfällt, dann - und erst dann - wird es ernst für Trump. Warren wurde von ihm im Senat abgewürgt, als sie einen Brief von der Witwe Martin Luther Kings (wenn ich mich recht entsinne) in der Anhörung von Jeff Sessions verlesen wollte.

Groucho

Hatten wir das schon?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims/

ZitatDonald Trump earned 59 Four-Pinocchio ratings as a presidential candidate. Now that he's president, he has continued his proclivity for making dubious, misleading or false statements. He also often repeats the same debunked claims even though they have been fact-checked. It's hard to keep up with all of Trump's rhetoric, so the Fact Checker is assembling in one place all of his suspect statements from his first 100 days as president. You can sort them by various categories and see how many times he has repeated the same false statement.

Peiresc

Obamacare ist noch nicht done. Nachdem die Republikaner 8 Jahre lang dagegen getobt haben, stellen sie verblüfft fest, dass sie kein Konzept haben, damit umzugehen. John Boehner hat trocken bemerkt, es wäre an der Zeit einzusehen, dass die völlige Abschaffung nicht passieren wird.

VP Pence ist dennoch total optimistisch und voller Elan, wenn auch "light on policy specifics".
ZitatPence said Republicans' plan would be in keeping with traditional conservative values: "Something that's built on freedom and individual responsibility."
Wenn Du auf der Straße verendest, dann bist Du aber voll im Einklang mit den traditionellen konservativen Werten der Freiheit und der individuellen Verantwortlichkeit gestorben.

Zitat von: Kurt TucholskyDie Freiheit konnte man jleich mitnehm