Neuigkeiten:

Wiki * German blog * Problems? Please contact info at psiram dot com

Main Menu

Amerika du hast es besser

Postings reflect the private opinion of posters and are not official positions of Psiram - Foreneinträge sind private Meinungen der Forenmitglieder und entsprechen nicht unbedingt der Auffassung von Psiram

Begonnen von Peiresc, 13. November 2016, 20:28:34

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Peiresc

Zitat
ZitatDiana Butler Bass:
Wake up. Drink coffee.

Look at Twitter.

POTUS claims to be Jesus Christ.

Just another day in America.

David Frum:
in fairness, Trump didn't compare himself to Jesus Christ. He only modestly acknowledged that many other people were doing so.

Aber, David, darin unterscheidet er sich ja nun gerade nicht von Jesus Christus:
ZitatAber Jesus schwieg still. Und der Hohepriester sprach zu ihm: Ich beschwöre dich bei dem lebendigen Gott, daß du uns sagst, ob du der Christus bist, der Sohn Gottes.
Jesus sprach zu ihm: Du sagst es.
Mt 26, 63-64

Peiresc

Eine von Aaron Rupar dokumentierte ,,Pressekonferenz".
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1164214732523540482

Ich kopiere die Inhalte seiner Posts. Sie sind jeweils mit den Videoclips hinterlegt, für alle, die es immer noch nicht glauben wollen.

ZitatAsked what happened to his appetite for background check legislation, Trump abruptly changes the topic to the border, then says "we're dealing with the NRA" -- as if the gun lobby is a co-equal branch of government.

"It's a slippery slope," Trump adds, alluding to gun control.
---
Beyond parody -- Trump says his solution to the epidemic of veteran suicides is some new "stimulant" produced by Johnson & Johnson that he's instructed the government to buy in large quantities
---
TRUMP: "I look forward to going to going [to Denmark], but I thought the prime minister's statement that [buying Greenland] was an 'absurd idea' was nasty. I thought it was an inappropriate statement ... we can't treat the USA the way they treated us under President Obama."
---
REPORTER: Why should anyone who wants to buy a gun not go through a background check?

TRUMP: "Well what we're doing is I want guns to be in the hands of people that are mentally stable. And those people -- I want them to be able to easily get a gun."
---
REPORTER: 109 people a day die from guns in the US. Do you see that as a public health emergency?

TRUMP: "I do. I do. I do. I do. And they die for a lot of other reasons, too."
---
TRUMP: "Antifa, in my opinion, is a terrorist organization."
---
TRUMP: "In my opinion, if you vote for a Democrat, you are being very disloyal to Jewish people and you are being very disloyal to Israel. And only weak people would say anything other than that."
---
REPORTER: You said Russia was kicked out of the G8 b/c they outsmarted Obama. In fact, it was b/c they annexed Crimea. You know tha--

TRUMP: That was outsmarting Obama ... they took over Crimea during his term, not mine ... Putin made a living on outsmarting President Obama.
---
TRUMP: "The fake news, of which many of you are members, is trying to convince the public to have a recession. 'Let's have a recession!' ... I am the chosen one*. Somebody had to do it. So I'm taking on China."
---
Trump seriously seems to think he was chosen by God
---
TRUMP on prime minster of Denmark saying no to him: "It was not a nice statement, the way she blew me off. Because she's blowing off the United States ... I know Denmark well. I have many friends from Denmark. I have many people from Denmark who live in the United States."
---
Trump tries to blame Obama for his own family separation policy
---
Trump shits on @PeterAlexander. "This guy is the most biased reporter -- NBC. You know, I made a lot of money for NBC with 'The Apprentice,' & I used to like 'em, but they are the most biased. Peter is such a biased -- you should be able to ask the same question in a better way."
---
Talking about serving more than two terms suddenly isn't a joking matter for Trump anymore.

"In six years -- or maybe 10 or maybe 14, right? -- in six years, when I'm not here, the New York Times goes out of business very quickly," he says, deadpan.
---
REPORTER: Your comment about gun control being 'a slippery slope' is an NRA talking poin--

TRUMP: No. It's a Trump talking point ... we have a 2nd Amendment & our 2nd Amendment will remain strong.
---
Trump threatens Europe. "We're holding thousands of ISIS fighters right now. And Europe has to take them. And if Europe doesn't take them, I'll have no choice but to release them into the countries from which they came. Which is Germany and France and other places."
---
TRUMP: "When I went to Dayton & when I went to El Paso & I went into those hospitals, the love for me -- and me maybe as a representative of the country, but for me -- and my love for them was unparalleled ... there were hundreds & hundreds of people all over the floor."
---
Trump says he's "very seriously" looking at trying to change the Constitution by executive order.

"We're looking at that very seriously -- birthright citizenship. Where you have a baby on our land ... 'congratulations the baby is now a US citizen' ... it's, frankly, ridiculous."
---
Trump closes by falsely blaming Obama for his family separation policy.

"I am the one that kept the families together. You remember that, right? Just remember I said it. And now it gets even better -- President Obama and others brought the families apart."
---
Trump seemed to have a very hard time pronouncing the word "absurd"

Und:
ZitatTrump concluded his comments about guns by saying, oddly, "We have great mental illness."
In der Tat.

So viel lässt sich als sicher annehmen: das ist kein plötzlicher Anfall der Umnachtung, von dem er sich morgen erholt haben wird. Das einzige, was uns vor ihm schützt, ist seine Inkohärenz. Die wahrhaft Gefährlichen sind McConnell, Barr und Konsorten, die da Kohärenz reinbringen werden, so gut es geht.

---
* Meine Hervorhebung. Hitler hat übrigens auch fest geglaubt, dass er von der Vorsehung auserwählt worden ist.

Typee

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/21/trump-press-conference-greenland-jewish-democrats

Muss schaurig gewesen sein. Anscheinend testet er gerade aus, wie idiotisch es noch geht, ohne aus dem Amt gejagt zu werden.
The universe is under NO obligation to make sense to us
(Neil deGrasse Tyson)

celsus

Der Präsident ist jetzt König. Ein verhinderter INRI gewissermaßen.

https://twitter.com/maximariegoldt/status/1164220065803321346
The best thing about science is that it works - even if you don't believe in it.

Peiresc

Meldung in der New York Times
ZitatNew White House press secretary Grisham's career history includes "losing a private-sector job after being accused of cheating on expense reports, a later job loss over plagiarism charges and two arrests for driving under the influence."
So sind sie nun mal, die Qualifikationen für einen Führungsposten unter Trump. Mag sein, dass das nicht im Text der Ausschreibung steht (es gab keine Ausschreibung), aber faktisch ist das auf jeden Fall so. Und niemand, der nicht diese Voraussetzungen mitbringt, interessiert sich für eine solche Tätigkeit.

Peiresc

Zitat von: Peiresc am 21. August 2019, 19:59:52
ZitatBeyond parody -- Trump says his solution to the epidemic of veteran suicides is some new "stimulant" produced by Johnson & Johnson that he's instructed the government to buy in large quantities

Hier ein bisschen was zum Hintergrund:
Zitat[...] an unproven and potentially dangerous new anti-depressant that costs as much as $885 per dose. The drug, called Spravato, is produced by Johnson & Johnson.

Woody Johnson is one of Trump's top donors. Woody and his wife Susan recently donated $720,000 to support Trump's re-election. Woody Johnson is an heir to the Johnson & Johnson fortune.

In 2 of 3 short-term trials Spravato performed no better than a placebo. 6 people died while taking Spravato, including 3 suicides. (No one died on the placebo.)

Spravato is a derivative of ketamine, a generic drug available for about $7/dose. Johnson & Johnson conducted no tests comparing Spravato to generic katamine "likely because they feared [Spravato] might actually perform worse than the generic version"

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1164537523638538240
Für das Drehbuch eines dystopischen Thrillers zu abgeschmackt. Aber das ist die Realität.

Peiresc

ZitatJUST IN: The @StateDept, which facilitated @RudyGiuliani's communications with the Ukrainian gov't (during which he urged an investigation of @JoeBiden), says Giuliani "acts in a personal capacity as a lawyer for President TRUMP. He does not speak on behalf of the US Government."
https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1164666081501470727
(mit Faksimile des Statements)

Was bedeutet das?
ZitatScott Stedman:
This is simple. If Giuliani is acting as a private citizen for the Trump campaign here, he is in SERIOUS legal trouble. He's a private citizen attempting to collude with a foreign government to affect the 2020 election.

sailor

Gerade der Umgang mit Veteranen ist in den USA ein heikles Thema und normalerweise ist die Versorgung (bis vor kurzem hauptsächlich physisch, die psychische Seite wurde unterschätzt) ziemlich gut... in manchen Regionen sogar besser als die allgemein verfügbare. Dass Trump indirekt an den Vets verdienen will liegt in der Familie, sein Vater hat ja bereits Gelder für den Wohnungsbau für Vets nach dem WK2 gescamt. Insofern nix neues, aber ziemlich dreist, weil die psychischen Probleme, insbesondere PTBS medikamentös nicht behandelbar sind, allenfalls kann man Sympthome reduzieren.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.zeit.de/wirtschaft/2019-08/us-handelsstreit-donald-trump-china-soja-exporte-farmer

"Vielleicht muss ich am Ende doch Trump wieder wählen"
Die Bauern in den USA leiden besonders unter dem Handelsstreit, den Präsident Trump mit China ausficht. Trotzdem überlegt der Sojafarmer Robb Ewoldt, ihm treu zu bleiben.

Ein Weckruf an die Demokraten. Es liest sich so, als sind die Farmer nicht wirklich harte Trumpisten, sondern relativ leicht zu gewinnen... vieleicht auch mit einem transatlantischen Handelsabkommen?

Peiresc

Erste ernste, öffentliche Stimmen einer konservativen Meuterei, die nicht mehr allein diejenigen verstockter, marginaler, ewig gestriger Never-Trumper sind. Sie haben den Gedanken endgültig begraben, Trump instrumentalisieren zu können.
ZitatJoe Walsh:

.@realDonaldTrump represents the absolute worst of us: Dishonest, cruel, ignorant, indecent, narcissistic, disloyal, unpatriotic, and cowardly. And I helped create him.

And for that I apologize.
Natürlich: sie können nicht ausgebootet werden, weil sie ohnehin nicht an Bord sind. Aber sie üben indirekt Druck auf Leute wie Romney oder Collins aus.

Einer dieser ewig Gestrigen (die damit aber immerhin einen gewissen zeitlichen Vorsprung haben), fragt misstrauisch:
ZitatGeorge Conway:
Hey,  @WalshFreedom, are you going to narcissistically tweet and yell crazy stuff at me for saying you've said bad stuff in the past?
Ich hoffe aber, dass sie sich momentan wenigstens vertragen.  8)

Die Welt hat andere Sorgen, alle Viertelstunde eine neue. Soeben hat Trump mal wieder den Aktienmarkt abgeschossen, indem er in sozialistisch-planwirtschaftlicher Feldherrenmanier befohlen hat:
Zitat[...] Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China [...]

Peiresc

Zitat von: Peiresc am 23. August 2019, 17:12:01ohnehin nicht an Bord

Und was tun die, die an Bord sind? Sie interessieren sich brennend für den erschütternden Skandal, der soeben von John Solomon aufgedeckt worden ist. Solomon deutet sogar an, dass er bisher von William Barr vertuscht worden ist. Muss es einem da nicht kalt den Rücken runter laufen? Der aktuell mit weitem Abstand am meisten gelesene Artikel auf TheHill ist:
ZitatThe road not taken: Another FBI failure involving the Clintons surfaces
Hillary's emails. Also wenn die glauben, dass das irgendwie Trost spendet ...

Typee

Zitat........start looking for an alternative to China

Grönland?  :rofl
The universe is under NO obligation to make sense to us
(Neil deGrasse Tyson)

Peiresc

Ein paar Schlagzeilen von heute.

Zitat[Sen. Lindsay] Graham: America must 'accept the pain that comes in standing up to China'
Gürtel enger schnallen, Ihr vaterlandslosen Gesellen! Wickelt Euch in die Nationalflagge, wenn ihr nix zu beißen habt. Gold gab ich für Eisen.

Die Konversion des Joe Walsh (vgl. #4749) macht eine gewisse Welle. (TheHill).

Die Ökonomie brummt wie noch nie:
ZitatEven before the revision, average monthly job growth since Trump took office has been 193,000, below the 208,000 average in President Obama's second term. The recent revision puts Trump's overall monthly average at 177,000.
(auch bei TheHill; irgendwie lästig. Fake News?)
ZitatTwelve months into his presidency, the Dow Jones Industrial Average had soared 31.6 percent, more than any other president, and nearly 6 percentage points better than Obama's first year, when the economy was still in recession.
But 31 months into his presidency, Trump now lags previous Democratic presidents when it comes to the Dow's performance. At this point in Obama's first term, the Dow was up 45.2 percent since he took office. For former President Clinton, it was up 39.3 percent. Trump clocks in at 32.2 percent.

Und selbst das ist noch beschönigt, weil es die Dynamik verschleiert. Seit 1 3/4 Jahr hat sich der Dow im Wesentlichen seitlich bewegt, und das noch ganz ohne Krise:

Was kann man da tun? Die Frage ist die nach den Schuldigen:
ZitatTrump preps conspiracy theory to explain faltering economy
[...]
Who's in this conspiracy? Democrats and the news media, of course.
Ah, ja. Fake News. Die Dems und die Presse verbrennen ihr Vermögen, damit sie den Präsidenten für ihre Altersarmut anklagen können.

Peiresc

ZitatLong before Jimmy Aldaoud died in Baghdad, an activist trying to stop President Donald Trump from deporting Christians like Aldaoud to Iraq hit on an idea: What if the U.S. could deport them to a different, safer country?
[...]
But the idea got nowhere, even though he ran it by White House advisers, State Department officials and figures in the Department of Homeland Security. Oshana was still pushing the option when word came earlier this month that Aldaoud had died. The 41-year-old Michigan resident had been sent to Iraq in June despite speaking no Arabic and having spent nearly his entire life in the United States. He is thought to have died because he couldn't get the insulin he needed for his diabetes.
Er war eine lästige Existenz:
ZitatAldaoud's supporters argued he had mental health issues that might have contributed to his criminal record and which also often left him homeless in the U.S.

Noch einmal auf deutsch: Der 41jährige Einwohner von Michigan, der als Baby in die USA gekommen ist und fast sein ganzes Leben dort verbracht hat, Christ ist und kein arabisch spricht, wurde in den Irak deportiert. Da ist er dann gestorben, vermutlich weil er kein Insulin kriegen konnte.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/25/trump-iraq-christians-1474381

Peiresc