Neuigkeiten:

Wiki * German blog * Problems? Please contact info at psiram dot com

Main Menu

Amerika du hast es besser

Postings reflect the private opinion of posters and are not official positions of Psiram - Foreneinträge sind private Meinungen der Forenmitglieder und entsprechen nicht unbedingt der Auffassung von Psiram

Begonnen von Peiresc, 13. November 2016, 20:28:34

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Peiresc

Geniale Verteidigung:
ZitatTrump told reporters yesterday that he "called home" to Melania Trump at the time and told her how upset he was for not being able to visit the cemetery. At the time, the White House said he was unable to attend and had to cancel the visit because of bad weather.

Trump claims he "called home, I spoke to my wife and I said 'I hate this. I came here to go to that ceremony.' And to the one that was the following day which I did go to. I said I feel terribly. And that was the end of it."

Facts First: Melania Trump was on the same trip with the President and was scheduled to attend the cemetery visit. She was not in the US.

A readout from the first lady's office at the time said that "Due to inclement weather, the First Lady and President were unable to visit the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery and Memorial in Belleau, France."

That evening, Trump and Melania went to a dinner together hosted by French President Emmanuel Macron.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/04/politics/trump-france-memorial-cemetery-visit-fact-check/index.html

celsus

ZitatTrump claims he "called home, I spoke to my wife and I said 'I hate this. I came here to go to that ceremony.' And to the one that was the following day which I did go to. I said I feel terribly. And that was the end of it."

Facts First: Melania Trump was on the same trip with the President and was scheduled to attend the cemetery visit. She was not in the US.

In einem anderen Realitätszweig wäre das ein gewaltiger Affront, ein Skandal mit diplomatischen Folgen.

In diesem ist es nur eine von zehntausend Lügen.
The best thing about science is that it works - even if you don't believe in it.

Peiresc

Zitat von: celsus am 05. September 2020, 10:59:56
In diesem ist es nur eine von zehntausend Lügen.

> 20.000, Stand Juli 2020. Die Realität hat die Metaphorik überflügelt.

sailor

Die Trumpansen halten zu ihrer Annoying Orange, weil es mittlerweile einfach nur zutiefst peinlich wäre, zuzugeben, dass man sich geirrt hat. Der Punkt des "plausiblen Nichtwissens" ist längst überschritten.

An der "Verteidigung" Trumps sieht man, dass er nicht mal ein guter Con-artist ist, ein solcher würde wenigstens in sich konsistente Lügen verbreiten.

Nachklapp zur Trumpschen Truppenverachtung: Falls der Toddler als whitehouse-Besetzer in die Geschichte eingehen will würde ich wetten, dass sich ein paar Marines freiwillig als Räumkommando melden... mit freundlicher Unterstützung der Navy. Der USN und dem USMC hat Trump inzwischen so oft ans Bein gepisst wie kein mir bekannter Präsident seit dem Weltkrieg, da werden sich tatkräftige Patrioten finden.

Peiresc

Zitat

Seth Cotlar:
I swear to God I had "Osama Bin Laden's niece pictured wearing a MAGA hat" on my bingo card.

What's great about this is that if the same woman was pictured wearing a Biden/Harris cap, then the headline would be "niece of anti-American terrorist comes out in support of Joe Biden."

sailor

@Scipio: Den gesamten Artikel habe ich auf der Seite davor schon verlinkt, nur ohne diese eine Grafik (da gibts noch viel mehr) rauszuziehen. Ausserdem ist es nicht nett in anderen Foren zu wildern ;) :D

Wo wir gerade dabei sind: Trump spaltet das Militär entlang der Dienstgrade. Die "enlisted", also Mannschaften und Unteroffiziere sind eher für ihn, die Offiziere und "karriereaffinen" UNteroffiziere (also Berufssoldaten) gegen ihn. Letzteres hat zwei wichtige Gründe: Einerseits das Gelaber über den "deepstate", welches die Ausweichkarrieren oder Anschlussjobs von Langzeitsoldaten in der Administration gefährdet/entwertet und andererseits das Fehlen jeglicher Strategie und Diktatorenkuscheln. Allein seine Bromanze mit Kim hat für mehr als genug Kopfschütteln gesorgt.

Peiresc

Zitat
Zitat
NEW: On WWI commemoration trip, Trump fancied several pieces art at US ambassador's historic residence in Paris, where he was staying—and on a whim had a portrait, bust and figurines loaded onto AF1, sources tell @nwadhams  and me. Figurines now on mantel in Oval. Story out soon.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1302584363410915330

They better search his bags on January 20. Count the silverware.
xxxooo
  dc

celsus

ZitatThey better search his bags on January 20. Count the silverware.

Seine Anhänger werden ihn dafür feiern. Er nimmt es den Reichen und gibt es ... Moment, irgendwas passt jetzt nicht.
The best thing about science is that it works - even if you don't believe in it.

Peiresc

Ich hab' auch noch was zum Militär:

Peiresc

Was ist eigentlich aus dem Steele-Dossier geworden? Man weiß es nicht:

Zitat"We could verify a little bit of it, we could disprove a little bit of it, but a huge bunch of it we just couldn't say one way or the other," Strzok says now of the Steele material. "And I don't think that's subsequently changed."
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/05/peter-strzok-would-like-to-clear-a-few-things-up-409280

Daggi

Michael Cohen packt aus:   

In his new book, Michael Cohen explains why Trump admires Putin. He says Trump praised Vladimir Putin during the 2016 campaign because he assumed he would lose and wanted to make sure he could borrow money from Russian sources for his real estate empire.

Peiresc

Der eigentliche Knaller in dem angekündigten Buch von Woodward ("Rage") ist, dass der Präsident sein Volk über die Gefährlichkeit von Covid-19 krass belogen hat; das Audiotape kann man sich überall anhören. Selbst auf Fox News. Hier ein Nebenaspekt:

Die Retrumplikaner sind wie üblich.
ZitatRepublican Sen. Lindsey Graham also helped to persuade Trump to participate in the book and told him that President George W. Bush once cooperated with a Woodward book and it turned out far better as a result, one White House aide said. Graham did not return a call for comment.

Aber noch eindrucksvoller ist Sen. J Kennedy:
https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1303811798458662915
(Videoclip, 42 sec). Faszinierend.

Peiresc

ZitatFacebook's Top 10
@FacebooksTop10
· 8. Sep.
The top-performing link posts by U.S. Facebook pages in the last 24 hours are from:

1. Fox News
2. Franklin Graham
3. Donald Trump 2020 Voters
4. David J. Harris Jr.
5. Dan Bongino
6. Ben Shapiro
7. Jean-Claude Van Damme
8. BLACKPINK
9. Ben Shapiro
10. Ben Shapiro

ZitatClimate Denial Spreads on Facebook as Scientists Face Restrictions
The company recently overruled its scientific fact-checking group, which had flagged information as misleading
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/climate-denial-spreads-on-facebook-as-scientists-face-restrictions/
(detailliert belegt)

Zitat
ZitatZuckerberg to "Axios on HBO": "Just wrong" to say Facebook driven by conservatives
https://www.axios.com/zuckerberg-facebook-conservatives-algorithm-0ad23698-7bfe-49cf-9250-fb333edc218e.html

Brooke Binkowski:
What a crock.
https://twitter.com/brooklynmarie/status/1303561611060281345

Peiresc

ZitatAngry Staffer
@AngrierWHStaff

Trump: I lied about COVID because the last thing I wanted to do is cause a panic

Also Trump: NO MORE SUBURBS, COWS WILL BE GONE, THE MEXICAN RAPISTS CARAVAN IS ON THE WAY, DEMOCRATS ARE GOING TO DEFUND GOD AND THE POLICE, SLEEPY JOE WILL TAKE YOUR GUNS