Neuigkeiten:

Wiki * German blog * Problems? Please contact info at psiram dot com

Main Menu

Amerika du hast es besser

Postings reflect the private opinion of posters and are not official positions of Psiram - Foreneinträge sind private Meinungen der Forenmitglieder und entsprechen nicht unbedingt der Auffassung von Psiram

Begonnen von Peiresc, 13. November 2016, 20:28:34

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Peiresc

Matthew Yglesias versucht, den Sinn im aktuellen Rassismus-Unsinn bloßzulegen, mit Akzent auf Mulvaney und Plutokratie.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/7/18/20699176/donald-trump-ilhan-omar-white-collar-crime
ZitatThe upshot of Trump administration policymaking — beginning with Paul Ryan's speakership, continuing under Mulvaney's operation of the executive machinery now that Democrats run the House, and of course extending into the Federalist Society domination of the judiciary — is to completely neuter or dismantle the institutions of government that are supposed to check the ability of the wealthy and powerful to run roughshod over the rest of us. Polluters can pollute more, scamsters can scam more, bankers can go back to running the risks that blew up the global economy, and no legislation that would impair the privileges of the powerful can pass.

It's not exactly that the Trump Show is fake and Mulvaney's operation is the real government, but it's impossible to understand why the Trump Show we see on stage works without appreciating what's happening behind the scenes and who benefits from it.

Übrigens, meint er noch zu den forgotten people (trumpese) = deplorables (clintonese): 
ZitatBut critically, it is also an absolute disaster for the vast majority of white people. There are simply very few people who benefit from a combination of more pollution and less economic competition, and there's no way for the tax cutting to balance that out unless you're part of the tiny minority of the public that derives the majority of its income from stock ownership.
[...]
But racism's function in American politics has been in part to serve as a kind of scam. The Jim Crow South had the lowest living standards for white people of any American region alongside the even lower standards for African Americans. And Trump is nothing if not a connoisseur of cons and scams.
Zur Gänze lesenswert. Dauert nicht lange, es sei denn man folgt den zahlreichen Links.

celsus

Das mit der Erziehung wird auch immer schwieriger in diesen Zeiten.

https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/1151883454516224001
The best thing about science is that it works - even if you don't believe in it.

Scipio 2.0

Hi Leute,

ich bin wieder hier.

Wisst ihr ich mache mir langsam richtig Sorge bezüglich der Zukunft. Die Welt scheint völlig aus den Fugen geraten zu sein und ich befürchte, dass das als bald richtig böse werden könnt. Ich hoffe das es nicht ausgewachsen bewaffneten Konflikten oder massiven Gesellschaftlichen Verwerfungen kommt.

Die Karten werden in jedem Fall neu gemischt und noch ist nicht abzusehen wohin die Reise geht und dass macht mir Sorgen...

celsus

Zitat von: Scipio 2.0 am 19. Juli 2019, 18:04:34
Hi Leute,

ich bin wieder hier.
Sehr schön. Welcome back!

Die Karten werden in jedem Fall neu gemischt und noch ist nicht abzusehen wohin die Reise geht

War das nicht zu jeder Zeit so?
The best thing about science is that it works - even if you don't believe in it.

Scipio 2.0

Zitat von: celsus am 19. Juli 2019, 18:06:28
Die Karten werden in jedem Fall neu gemischt und noch ist nicht abzusehen wohin die Reise geht

War das nicht zu jeder Zeit so?
Richtig aber die Richtung die die Veränderungen nehmen gefällt mir nicht. Aber ich habe da leider keinen Einfluss drauf und das bestärkt noch mein schlechtes Gefühl.

Fool

@Scipio:

Ich teile Deine Besorgnis.

Peiresc

ZitatSUCC MAN
@lawfollower69:

:gruebel

Peiresc

Zitat
ZitatBruno J. Navarro:
What's the word for this?

Barr's donations to Senate Republicans spiked before confirmation — Quartz
https://qz.com/1667918/barrs-donations-to-senate-republicans-spiked-before-confirmation/
Rick Wilson:
Does it rhyme with "schmibery"?

----

Katie Hopkins, die hier auf einer Wellenlänge mit Präsident Trump liegt, ist ein waschechter Vollnazi.
https://twitter.com/AdamWagner1/status/1140165176274165760

Was entgegnet man Ilhan Omar, die Trump als "Faschisten" bezeichnet?

Peiresc

Alan Dershowitz, aktuell in der Klemme, vor allem ob seiner Kontakte zu dem kinderfreundlichen Milliardär Jeffrey Epstein (ein Mega-Skandal selbst in dieser Zeit*), prahlt mit dem ,,perfekten perfekten Sexualleben", das er damals gehabt hätte. Und daraus leitet er ab:

Das sollte so etwa bedeuten: Der Anwalt (auch) gegen Dershowitz
ZitatAttorney David Boies** [...] represents seven alleged survivors of Jeffrey Epstein's predation
soll die Klage fallen lassen, weil er nicht beschwören will, keinen außerehelichen Verkehr zu haben. O ... okay***.

Da werden bei diesem und jenem offenbar Erinnerungen wach:
ZitatTimothy Cornell:

Haven't told my Dersh story for awhile. When I was a Boston Herald reporter, my favorite interview was with Alan Dershowitz. /1

I was on the desk one Saturday night when they sent me to one of those celebrity gala things. There were beautiful people in shimmery dresses and tuxes. I looked around decided to interview  Red Sox slugger Mo Vaughn. /2

I walked up to him, and standing next to him was, unmistakably, Alan Dershowitz. He looked at me as if I was going to interview him. Instead, I started interviewing Mo Vaughn. /3
Mo Vaughn and I talked for awhile about a really great thing he was doing in the Boston schools. The whole time, Dersh stood there, obviously wanting to say something to get in next day's Herald. /4

Finally, I finished with Vaughn and so had to turn to Dersh.

"And what is your name?" I said, pretending. Steam started coming out of his ears.

"Can you spell that?"

"Again?"

He was so furious. I just had to do one more.

"And what do you do for a living?"

End
----
* Potentiell gefährlich für Bill Clinton (eigentlich noch gefährlicher für Donald Trump, aber da wird die GOP vor sein)
** zu David Boies ist noch zu erfahren:
ZitatIsn't he the same lawyer that represented Weinstein? And had Ex-Mossad track women making complaints against him?
--
Yes. And represented Theranos
--
The legal profession confuses me.

*** Man möchte ihn fragen: hat das schon mal funktioniert?

Peiresc

Tim Wise hat eine Überlegung zur Strategie der Dems, abgeleitet aus seinem Engagement gegen den Nazi David Duke in Los Angeles. 1990/1991. Duke hatte sich 1990 um einen Senatssitz beworben und verloren, aber 60% der Weißen hatten für ihn gestimmt.

1991 zu den Gouverneurswahlen hatte er noch mehr Stimmen, aber – krachend verloren. Warum?
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1152930670093787141.html
Kurzfassung: Nenne den Nazi einen Nazi, alles andere ist eine Normalisierung. Seine Anhänger wirst Du nicht erreichen. Du musst die Nichtwähler alarmieren (in der Langfassung klingt es noch überzeugender).
ZitatWhen it was over, Duke had gotten 65k more votes than in 90, but his white share went to 55 (from 60) and overall to 39 (from 44) because the anti-Duke turnout swamped him...So what does this have to do with 2020 and Trump? Do I really need to explain it?...

----

Es gehört sich nicht in den USA, in der Öffentlichkeit eine andere Sprache als Englisch zu sprechen. Navajo gehört übrigens auch zu den beleidigenden, unpatriotischen Sprachen.
Zitat von: AltNSAPssst there is no official language in America

ZitatAltNSA:
Nope it's not. Google is your friend dumbfuck  :aetsch:
---
Antwort an @AltNatSecAgency
Google is part of the deep state... can't trust it...  ;)

Und außerdem:

Ein cooles Mem dazu hier, in den Farben der "Patrioten":

celsus

Peiresc

Die Mueller-Anhörung im Kongress läuft. Ich habe mich soeben erst eingeklinkt.
ZitatLieu: So to recap what we've heard, we have heard today that the President ordered former White House counsel Don McGahn to fire you. The President ordered Don McGahn to then cover that up and create a false paper trail. And now we've heard the President ordered Cory Lewandowski to tell Jeff Sessions to limit your investigation so that he — you stop investigating the President. I believe a reasonable person looking at these facts could conclude that all three elements of the crime of obstruction of justice have been met, and I'd like to ask you the reason, again, that you did not indict Donald Trump is because of (Office of Legal Counsel) opinion stating that you cannot indict a sitting president, correct?
Mueller: That is correct.
Blitz und Donner.  :burn:

Das war der Demokrat. Nun der Republikaner:
Zitat von: TheHillFormer special counsel Robert Mueller on Wednesday said that he believes President Trump could be charged with obstruction of justice after he leaves office.

"Could you charge the president with a crime after he left office?" Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.) asked Mueller during the former special counsel's testimony.

"Yes," Mueller replied.

Buck appeared to be taken aback, and asked the question again, but adding whether Mueller believed a president could be charged with obstruction of justice after leaving office. The former special counsel again said he believed that was the case.
Dumm gelaufen, nicht wahr?  :teufel

Peiresc

Mein Eindruck von dem Ergebnis der Mueller-Anhörung:
ZitatGohmert started his line of questioning by submitting his own article titled "Mueller Unmasked," which was published on Sean Hannity's website and describes the former special counsel's investigation as a "coup," into the record. Gohmert proceeded to probe Mueller about his relationship with former FBI Director James Comey, as well as the firing of former agent Peter Strzok, with Gohmert demanding to know when Mueller knew he "hated Trump."

After some time, Gohmert's line of questioning descended into a rant, during which he raged that Trump knew he was "innocent" during the investigation and didn't obstruct justice.

"The fact that you ran it out two years means you perpetuated injustice," Gohmert yelled at Mueller, becoming so angry that his voice cracked. Mueller simply responded, "I take your question," as Gohmert's time ran out.

Besonders viel Gehirnschmalz mussten die Republikaner nicht investieren:
Zitat@JohnAvlon  shows how Republican members of Congress often asked Mueller questions that came straight from Fox News host Sean Hannity:
"It's kind of stunning to see congressmen outsource their oversight of the Republic to a right-wing opinion host."

Da z. B. hätte man sich auch etwas weniger Ehrfurcht und etwas mehr Klarheit von Mueller erwarten können. Andererseits aber: es wäre inzwischen genügend Zeit und Gelegenheit für ihn gewesen, für diese Klarheit zu sorgen. Das Ergebnis kann letztlich nicht überraschen. Mueller ist nicht der Erzengel Gabriel, sondern nur ein Mensch wie alle anderen auch. 

Renato Mariotti versucht das Beste draus zu machen:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/07/25/robert-mueller-hearing-was-awesome-227478

Ebenso menschlich verständlich ist die momentane Depression der Vernünftigen. Susan Glasser beharkt sich mit Asha Rangappa, und Kevin M. Kruse mit Seth Abramson. Wir können nur hoffen, dass sie sich bald berappeln.

Peiresc

Aber wir wollen auch ein bisschen für aktive Unterhaltung sorgen. Ein Vexierbild:

Finde die Fehler (es ist übrigens keine Fotomontage, die Szene war real).

simpel

sind das Golfschläger?  ???