Neuigkeiten:

Wiki * German blog * Problems? Please contact info at psiram dot com

Main Menu

"die Erde ist eine Scheibe"

Postings reflect the private opinion of posters and are not official positions of Psiram - Foreneinträge sind private Meinungen der Forenmitglieder und entsprechen nicht unbedingt der Auffassung von Psiram

Begonnen von F. A. Mesmer, 27. August 2014, 09:04:53

« vorheriges - nächstes »

F. A. Mesmer

ZitatYes, There Are Still People Who Believe the Earth Is Flat
Written by: Félix Macherez
In 1881, English writer Samuel Rowbotham published Zetetic Astronomy: Earth Not a Globe, a 430-page book in which he affirmed that Earth is flat. One-hundred and thirty years later, despite all the silly science that proves to us that the land we step on is actually spherical, his work is still spawning mini movements.

After Rowbotham passed away in 1884, Lady Elizabeth Blount, who admired his work, established a Universal Zetetic Society whose objective was "to carry on the work of the master." With their beliefs largely based on a rather subjective reading of the Bible, after WWI the organization gradually lost influence and eventually disappeared.

Yet, the idea of a disc-shaped Earth has not completely vanished. The Flat Earth Society is a modern group dedicated to promoting Rowbotham's ideas and trying to convince skeptics like me. I wanted to make sure they were serious, so I got in touch with some of them via their online forum.
Quelle und als Anhang

faszinierend

Nogro

Es genügt nicht, keine Ahnung zu haben. Man muss auch dagegen sein (Hermann Hinsch)