Neuigkeiten:

Wiki * German blog * Problems? Please contact info at psiram dot com

Main Menu

Was ist mit Science-Based Medicine?

Postings reflect the private opinion of posters and are not official positions of Psiram - Foreneinträge sind private Meinungen der Forenmitglieder und entsprechen nicht unbedingt der Auffassung von Psiram

Begonnen von Adromir, 22. September 2009, 11:42:05

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Adromir

Wenn ich auf www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ gehe, bekomme ich nur eine Fehlermeldung, daß der Account abgeschaltet sei. Ist das bei euch ähnlich?

cohen

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/09/science-based_medicine_is_downagain.php
ZitatScience-Based Medicine is down...again

Category: Announcements • Blogging • Medicine • Science
Posted on: September 21, 2009 1:30 PM, by Orac

Given how many of you read this blog and Science-Based Medicine, I thought I should make an announcement. Sometime this morning or early this afternoon, the Science-Based Medicine blog went down, returning only a cryptic message saying that the site has been "suspended." This is the second time it's gone completely down, the first being Friday for most of the day, and the performance of the site has been painfully slow all weekend, with interminable waits for page loads, etc.

The SBM team is aware of the problem. All I can say is that the problem is being worked on, but the technical guys are volunteers with day jobs; so they can't just drop everything to work on this. I'm hoping the site will be back up soon, but Steve Novella has not yet been able to give me an estimate as to when that might happen.

Stay tuned, and please be patient.

cohen

ZitatAnd Science-Based Medicine is still down...arrrrrgggh!

Category: Announcements • Blog housekeeping • Blogging • Medicine
Posted on: September 22, 2009 1:05 PM, by Orac

Science-based Medicine, a place where sometimes a "friend" of mine pontificates, is temporarily down. Recently, the SBM crew moved the blog to a new server. Beginning over the last two or three weeks, the blog became buggy. Very buggy. Response times became painfully slow, and then last Friday SBM went down and stayed down nearly an entire day. Valiant efforts and arguing with the hosting company got it up and running again over the weekend, although it remained painfully slow to browse. I thought I had harkened back to those days of yore when I used to use a 9600 baud modem. Then, sometime yesterday morning SBM crashed again and stayed crashed.

It's not clear yet if it's lots of traffic and a rinky-dink hosting service. (Actually SBM doesn't--yet--garner the level of traffic that this blog does; so we're not talking Pharyngula-level traffic.) A DDoS attack is not entirely implausible, but there is no evidence that that's what it was. Of course, given the unexpectedly crappy level of technical support the previous hosting company provided (given that it had been highly recommended), we'd probably never know because the company would probably never figure it out.

Patience again. SBM is moving to another host and hopefully will be back up and running soon.
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/09/and_science-based_medicine_is_still_down.php

Adromir

Das Vorgehen der Hoster ist aber echt komisch. Denn so kann man eine seite, durch künstlich generierten Traffic auch schnell rauskicken.

Deceptor

We are back !

heisst es jetzt dort bei http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org

Die haben oder hatten die gleichen Probleme wie das Projekt Esowatch. Der Hoster machte Stress wegen des zunehmenden traffic:

As you can see, Science-Based Medicine is now back online and fully functional. We have moved to a new host and a faster dedicated server. It seems that our problem was just that we outgrew our previous host.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. We will now resume our usual schedule of postings.