Neuigkeiten:

Wiki * German blog * Problems? Please contact info at psiram dot com

Main Menu

Amerika du hast es besser

Postings reflect the private opinion of posters and are not official positions of Psiram - Foreneinträge sind private Meinungen der Forenmitglieder und entsprechen nicht unbedingt der Auffassung von Psiram

Begonnen von Peiresc, 13. November 2016, 20:28:34

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Peiresc

Zitat von: Gefährliche Bohnen am 09. Oktober 2017, 19:16:52Hanlon's Razor  ;)

ZitatIndeed, Trump showed the same depth of strategic thought as someone who accidentally steps on a rake and then is surprised when the handle whacks them in the face.

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/354559-trump-day-care-must-extend-hours-to-keep-country-safe
Ändert leider nichts daran, dass es unsagbar gefährlich ist. Ich glaube nicht, dass Corker übertrieben hat.

Belbo

Die gelbe Schrift kann ich hier kaum lesen.

Lt.Havoc

Zitat von: Belbo am 10. Oktober 2017, 09:31:31
Ja geht mir auch so, musste einfach den Text markieren.

RainerO

Zitat von: Belbo am 10. Oktober 2017, 09:31:31
Mit dem habe ich angefangen, sorry ;-)
Es war aber Absicht. Man sollte den Text markieren, falls es einen interessiert (als Alternative
zu der hier nicht verfügbaren "Spoiler"-Formatierungsmöglichkeit anderer Foren).

Peiresc

ZitatWASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said he wanted what amounted to a nearly tenfold increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal during a gathering this past summer of the nation's highest ranking national security leaders, according to three officials who were in the room.
[...]
Trump's comments, the officials said, came in response to a briefing slide he was shown that charted the steady reduction of U.S. nuclear weapons since the late 1960s. Trump indicated he wanted a bigger stockpile, not the bottom position on that downward-sloping curve.
According to the officials present, Trump's advisers, among them the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, were surprised. Officials briefly explained the legal and practical impediments to a nuclear buildup and how the current military posture is stronger than it was at the height of the build-up. In interviews, they told NBC News that no such expansion is planned.
The July 20 meeting was described as a lengthy and sometimes tense review of worldwide U.S. forces and operations. It was soon after the meeting broke up that officials who remained behind heard Tillerson say that Trump is a "moron."
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-wanted-dramatic-increase-nuclear-arsenal-meeting-military-leaders-n809701

ZitatGabriel Sherman says a GOP source tells him that General Kelly and Secretary Mattis talk about what they would do if Donald Trump lunged for the nuclear football. - Watch more on MSNBC.com

Zitat von: Peiresc am 10. Oktober 2017, 06:57:45
Ich glaube nicht, dass Corker übertrieben hat.

Peiresc

Immerhin:
Zitat von: Peiresc am 02. Februar 2017, 13:44:02
Der an der Grenze der Zurechnungsfähigkeit agierende Präsident, ein düsterer Fanatiker und ein Dr. Seltsam, der wegen Unfähigkeit, eine Behörde zu leiten, gefeuert worden ist, wollen allein über Krieg und Frieden, vielleicht über die Zukunft der Menschheit, entscheiden.
Von diesen drei Leuten sind zwei, der Sicherheitsberater und der Chefstratege, nicht mehr im Weißen Haus.

Lt.Havoc

Ja Trump steht sehr alleine und isoliert da, abgesehen von Tillerson, Penece und Trumps Familie, sind nicht mehr viele übrig von der Kern Truppe. Ich glaube das ist so gewollt, Trump soll möglichst von allem wichtigem Ferngehalten werden, in der wagen Hoffnung, das er so weniger schaden anrichten kann. Ob das klappt?

celsus

Weiß man denn schon wer der größere Feind der USA ist - die Medien oder Nordkorea?

The best thing about science is that it works - even if you don't believe in it.

Peiresc

Zitat von: celsus am 11. Oktober 2017, 15:45:16
Weiß man denn schon wer der größere Feind der USA ist - die Medien oder Nordkorea?

Mein rein gefühlter Kommentar: das hat eine neue Qualität.

Auf den ersten Blick ist das nun nichts Überraschendes oder Unerwartetes. Als er in seiner Pressekonferenz erstmals gebrüllt hat ,,Fakenews", da konnte der arglose Zuschauer von ferne durchaus den Eindruck haben, er bekämpfe ein schmuddeliges Papier von einem schmierigen Ex-Spion, der sich wichtig machen wollte.

Mit der durchgeknallten Reaktion auf die inauguration crowd hat er sich lächerlich gemacht, aber das ist halt sein persönlicher Spleen, und wir wissen ja, dass er ein bisschen eitel ist und es da und dort nicht so hundertprozent genau nimmt mit Details. Aber dafür schaut er den Leuten aufs Maul und macht Amerika wieder groß und stark.

Aber. Wen er hier zum Lügner erklärt, das ist im Prinzip die gesamte militärstrategische Führung der USA. Es ist doch absolut sicher, dass das jetzt nicht vorbei ist: die Journalisten werden alles daran setzen, mehr Details heraus zu finden. Mit dem Konsens, dass man bestimmte Wahrheiten nicht bringen sollte, weil sie zu peinlich oder zu verstörend sind, ist es vorbei (immerhin war die Geschichte im Juli; und erst als Corker gesagt hat, der Kaiser hat nichts an, kommt die Sache ins Rollen).

Seit der Amtseinführung war das Staatsschiff heftig im Schlingern. Es hat immer wieder mal den Kiel unter Wasser bekommen, weil die gesamte Grand Old Party schnell auf die andere Seite gerannt ist. Man darf gespannt sein, ob die Lenzpumpen die Schlagseite auch diesmal beseitigen können.

Peiresc

ZitatUtuado is a small town located in the central mountainous region of Puerto Rico where roads have been nearly impassable since Hurricane Maria struck three weeks ago.
[...]
"There are people who are suffering from hunger in my town and I have ran out of supplies," said Rafael Surillo, estimating 5,000 face starvation.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/starving-puerto-rican-towns-sharing-food-eating-plants-and-waiting-for-fema
Nicht weiter wichtig. Wichtig ist, dass die Börsenkurse steigen, was von der failing press böswillig verschwiegen wird. MAGA.

Im 19. Jhd. gab es die Kartoffelfäule in Irland. England sah sich nicht genötigt, gegen Marktgesetze zu verstoßen und die faulen Iren auf seine Kosten durchzufüttern:
ZitatThe new Whig administration, influenced by the doctrine of laissez-faire,[71] believed that the market would provide the food needed, and they refused to intervene against food exports to England, then halted the previous government's food and relief works, leaving many hundreds of thousands of people without any work, money, or food.[72]
[...]
Charles Trevelyan, who was in charge of the administration of government relief, limited the Government's food aid programme because of a firm belief in laissez-faire.[74] He thought that "the judgement of God sent the calamity to teach the Irish a lesson". The Public Works were "strictly ordered" to be unproductive—that is, they would create no fund to repay their own expenses. Many hundreds of thousands of "feeble and starving men", according to Mitchel, were kept digging holes and breaking up roads, which was doing no service.[75]

War auch irgendwie schon immer so.
Zitat von: WP"Irish famine" redirects here. For other famines in Ireland, see Irish famine (disambiguation).

Tezcatlipoca

Zitat von: Lt.Havoc am 11. Oktober 2017, 12:14:53
Ja Trump steht sehr alleine und isoliert da, abgesehen von Tillerson, Penece und Trumps Familie,
Trump könnte demnächst noch alleiner da stehen, nachdem alle Welt erfahren hat, dass Tillerson ihn als Deppen bezeichnet hat (oder haben soll). :2thumbs:

Zitat von: Peiresc am 11. Oktober 2017, 18:22:49
Im 19. Jhd. gab es die Kartoffelfäule in Irland. England sah sich nicht genötigt, gegen Marktgesetze zu verstoßen und die faulen Iren auf seine Kosten durchzufüttern:
ZitatThe new Whig administration, influenced by the doctrine of laissez-faire,[71] believed that the market would provide the food needed, and they refused to intervene against food exports to England, then halted the previous government's food and relief works, leaving many hundreds of thousands of people without any work, money, or food.[72]
[...]
So eine gehörige Portion Menschenverachtung braucht man wohl, wenn man Kolonien unterdrücken betreiben will. >:(

ZitatHe thought that "the judgement of God sent the calamity to teach the Irish a lesson".
"Und ein Blitz fuhr vom Himmel und erschlug den Frevler."
"Was? Wieder nicht? Der lässt sich aber auch alles gefallen da oben...". >:(
Gruß, T.

Nichts, was ein Mensch sich auszudenken in der Lage ist, kann so unwahrscheinlich, unlogisch oder hirnrissig sein, als dass es nicht doch ein anderer Mensch für bare Münze halten und diese vermeintliche Wahrheit notfalls mit allen ihm zur Verfügung stehenden Mitteln verteidigen wird.

Peiresc

ZitatSeth Abramson

NBC: To get Trump to accept the current deployment of U.S. forces worldwide, NatSec leaders chose to show how positions benefited Trump Org.

Hier der O-Text:
ZitatTo be successful, Mattis and Tillerson decided they should use talking points and commentary with which they believed Trump would be most familiar: the role that the military, intelligence officers and diplomats play in making the world safe for American businesses, like The Trump Organization, to operate and expand abroad. American troops provide stability, diplomats push rule of law and anti-corruption measures and the intelligence community provides context and analysis that drive the first two, the briefers explained, according to the officials.
https://www.apnews.com/4cef63caf6b34cb796bc4c196d47c143/How-Trump%27s-advisers-schooled-him-on-globalism

Zitat von: Peiresc am 19. Dezember 2016, 08:31:23
Von Trumps ,,fresh eyes" kann die amerikanische Außenpolitik profitieren, sagt Obama; und Kissinger sieht eine "extraordinary opportunity".

Peiresc

Zitat von: WPRobert Bernard Reich (* 24. Juni 1946 in Scranton, Pennsylvania) ist Professor für öffentliche Politik an der Goldman School of Public Policy der University of California, Berkeley. Er war von 1993 bis 1997 US-Arbeitsminister unter Präsident Bill Clinton.
(wenn ich mich nicht schwer irre, ist er das). Er hatte vor einigen Stunden ein Telefonat.

ZitatThis morning I phoned my old friend, a Republican former member of Congress.
Me: So what's up? Is Corker alone, or are others also ready to call it quits with Trump?
He: All I know is they're simmering over there.
Me: Flake and McCain have come pretty close.
He: Yeah. Others are thinking about doing what Bob did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trump's nuts. Unfit. Dangerous.
Me: Well, they already knew that, didn't they?
He: But now it's personal. It started with the Sessions stuff. Jeff was as loyal as they come. Trump's crapping on him was like kicking your puppy. And then, you know, him beating up on Mitch for the Obamacare fiasco. And going after Flake and the others.
Me: So they're pissed off?
He: Not just that. I mean, they have thick hides. The personal stuff got them to notice all the other things. The wild stuff, like those threats to North Korea. Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn't so worried Trump would go nuclear, literally.
Me: You think Trump is really thinking nuclear war?
He: Who knows what's in his head? But I can tell you this. He's not listening to anyone. Not a soul. He's got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me. It's starting to scare all of them. That's really why Bob spoke up.
Me: So what could they do? I mean, even if the whole Republican leadership was willing to say publicly he's unfit to serve, what then?
He: Bingo! The emperor has no clothes. It's a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to save their skins. I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddam Republican party.
Me: If he starts a nuclear war, that could be the end of everything.
He: Yeah, right. So when they start bailing on him, the stage is set.
Me: For what?
He: Impeachment. 25th amendment.
Me: You think Republicans would go that far?
He: Not yet. Here's the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That's all they have going for them. They don't want to face voters in '18 or '20 without something to show for it. They're just praying Trump doesn't do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.
Me: Like a nuclear war?
He: Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are getting freaked out. It's not as if there's any careful strategizing going on. Not like, well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war? No, no. They're worried as hell. They're also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses he's stirred up. I mean, Roy Moore? How many more of them do you need to destroy the party?
Me: So what's gonna happen?
He: You got me. I'm just glad I'm not there anymore. Trump's not just a moron. He's a despicable human being. And he's getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged. Everyone knows it. I mean, we're in shit up to our eyeballs with this guy.
https://www.facebook.com/RBReich/posts/1729852823693973

Vanity Fair hat einen ähnlichen Text.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/donald-trump-is-unraveling-white-house-advisers

Der Präsident sagt, die steigenden Aktienkurse verringern die Staatsschulden. Nebenbei sagt er noch, die kritische Presse gehört verboten (das meint er vollkommen ernst). Und wieder was völlig unwichtiges, weil der Präsident hat soeben gesagt, die Puertorikaner könnten sich nicht ewig durchfüttern lassen.
Zitat
Everything that's been reported about deaths in Puerto Rico is at odds with the official count
We took a look at the numbers, and they didn't add up.
https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2017/10/11/16424356/puerto-rico-official-hurricane-maria-death-toll

surreal.

Peiresc

Zitat von: TwitterEllen Nakashima: WH Chief of Staff Kelly on POTUS: "I was not brought in to control him."

Chris Cillizza: Mission accomplished!

Peiresc