Neuigkeiten:

Wiki * German blog * Problems? Please contact info at psiram dot com

Main Menu

Edzard Ernst zum Tod von C.F.

Postings reflect the private opinion of posters and are not official positions of Psiram - Foreneinträge sind private Meinungen der Forenmitglieder und entsprechen nicht unbedingt der Auffassung von Psiram

Begonnen von sweeper, 03. März 2014, 10:38:50

« vorheriges - nächstes »

sweeper

http://edzardernst.com/2014/03/thoughts-about-claus-fritzsches-suicide/
Zitat...Why then does his death sadden me so deeply?

Any death is a sad event but, if a death is so unnecessary and wasteful, it is particularly depressing. Fritzsche clearly had many skills and a lot of talents. He was young, intelligent and probably was a pleasant person to know personally, at least that is what some people who knew him have said. Alright, we did not agree on many things, but that does not mean that he was a bad person. He just seemed extremely irrational and tragically delivered the ultimate proof for his irrationality through his suicide.

Nobody knows what motivated Fritzsche to kill himself [when Walach speculated that his financial situation following the disclosure of the nature of his sponsorship had anything to do with it, he finds himself yet again way beyond the established facts]. Presumably, he suffered from depression, and presumably he was deeply insecure, and perhaps he was also desperately lonely...

Aufschlussreich auch einige Hintergründe:
Zitat Jens Lubbadeh says:   
Monday 03 March 2014 at 08:50

I also was touched by the death of Claus Fritzsche. It is a very sad and tragic event.

Some have speculated about the origins of the email in which Fritzsche asked his collaborators for support to discredit the portrait of Edzard Ernst published in "Zeit Wissen" by Max Rauner. The email was passed to me. Can any light be thrown on how it came to light?
ZitatEdzard says:   
Monday 03 March 2014 at 09:19   

yes, of course.
this was a 'round email' sent by Fritzsche to Walach and several of his collaborators depicting their endeavours to defame me. It had been leaked to me by someone who was involved in these activities and had got hold of it. I thought that the email presented important evidence in the public interest, took the liberty to pass it on to Rauner and gave him permission to use it as he saw fit.
For me, the email was an eye-opener regarding the methods my detractors are using to tarnish my name and undermine my reputation.

With magic, you start with a frog and end up with a prince.
With science, you start with a frog, get a PhD and are still left with the frog you started with...

Terry Pratchett

sweeper

Walach geht auf den Vorfall der geleakten e-mail in seinem Nachruf ebenfalls ein - auf typische Walach-Weise eben:
http://harald-walach.de/2014/02/24/in-memoriam-claus-fritzsche/
Zitat... Was Claus Fritzsche besonders getroffen hatte, das weiß ich aus einem Telefonat mit ihm, war dass in dem Artikel Teile einer privaten Email im Wortlaut verwendet wurden. Es ist unklar, auf welchem Weg diese Email in die Hände der Presse gelangt ist. Verstörend ist das wegen des Vorgangs an sich, nicht weil der Inhalt jener Mail sonderlich brisant gewesen wäre. ...
With magic, you start with a frog and end up with a prince.
With science, you start with a frog, get a PhD and are still left with the frog you started with...

Terry Pratchett