Neuigkeiten:

Wiki * German blog * Problems? Please contact info at psiram dot com

Main Menu

English "style" of Esowatch Wiki

Postings reflect the private opinion of posters and are not official positions of Psiram - Foreneinträge sind private Meinungen der Forenmitglieder und entsprechen nicht unbedingt der Auffassung von Psiram

Begonnen von EsoTypo, 22. November 2010, 00:22:50

« vorheriges - nächstes »

EsoTypo

Until now we used to write British English (more or less  ;D). What do the new authors and our guests think?

heterodyne

Is it that important? Each article should be consistant, but other than that I think it doesn't matter.
Readers come from everywhere, understanding is the key issue and "programme" vs "program" doesn't really sway that.

Of course, it is very important from the point of proof reading ;-)

de Bunker

I suppose we got to live with articles in either "style" in the English section. Although it is desirable for authors to make a choice, this also will be somewhat difficult for authors with a different native language than English, as we tend to pick up spellings from both British and American English, sometimes without quite being aware of that. (The remark in the first post - "until now we used to write British English" - is ample proof of that.... ;) )

de Bunker

Perhaps EW's best bet is to ascertain that English articles published will be comprehensible for readers, instead of giving priority to whatever centric povs.

curioscitec

Something for the programmers... Don't know if it's even possible, but I would suggest, you make the function buttons of this forum section in English too.

Bloedmann

Of course it's possible... just change your Länguätsch in your profile (account settings) to english...
Es gibt so viele Dinge im Leben, die wichtiger sind als Geld... aber sie kosten so viel! Groucho Marx

Truhe

Ei häv samm douts, sät se progrämmers of sis forum softwär aar rieding sis forum.

Wiesodenn1

Bernhard Hoëcker: "Homöophatie ist, wenn Du über ein Feld läufst, furzt und sagst es ist gedüngt."

Wirsing

I only understand railwaystation....

Lord Ahriman

Zitat von: Wirsing am 24. Oktober 2012, 19:48:43
I only understand railwaystation....

Hет. Я понимаю, единственная вокзал.